Hens teeth and rocking horse dung

Started by Dorsetmike, May 04, 2017, 10:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

My current nomination for this category is the Farish 372-930, Maunsell N class in SR green, quite  few of the SECR and BR versions, but I've only found 1 372-930 after spending the evening trawling Ebay, Rails, Hattons, Amazon, Osborn's and Google. That solitary listing was for a DCC+sound one at around £350, I don't want DCC &/or sound.

I also looked on ther BachFar site, no longer listed, and when I went to the Contact us link, it says please refrain from asking about product availability, seems a bit customer unfriendly!

Any other nominations for this?

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Elvinley

This was noted the other day by me and a couple of my friends. I had the loco from release, but one of my friends wanted one. This looks to become the next Dapol Pullman 73 for rarely as Farish aren't re-releasing in the near future as it isn't in the catalogue. Could be that they still have stocks but the shops just aren't carrying it?

Dorsetmike

Thanks for the info NinOz, I will check the links for actual stock, however I did specify 372-930 the SR green one, quite a few of your links are to BR or SECR versions.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

NinOz

To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

njee20

There are plenty of modern image examples:

- Network Rail 97
- FGW mk3 buffet
- Intercity Swallow 86
- Network Rail NMT power cars are starting to go mad too

I got the latter two on clearance (oddly both from Kernow) because they wanted to shift them, now they're selling on eBay for 2-3 times their original retail prices!

I did just procure an entire 2+8 FGW HST including the buffet, for a very reasonable price, which is nice.

Dr Al

Interesting - I bought one to use the chassis for something else (never done that), thinking it would be less popular than the BR versions.

Maybe I'll need to get one of them and sell this one!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

CarriageShed

Hi Mike

I've had a trawl around for an SR version and there really seems to be nothing available. Your only chance may be if one comes up on eBay.

Would it be better to get a grey version, hack it as desired, and then get a complete repaint?

Dorsetmike

I was tempted by a BR black at £99.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Elvinley

Maybe they made less of the SR ones.

Dr Al

Quote from: Elvinley on May 05, 2017, 02:01:27 PM
Maybe they made less if the SR ones.

Bachmann's policy is usually 1008 per livery - unless that's changed?

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

CarriageShed

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 05, 2017, 01:42:53 PM
I was tempted by a BR black at £99.

I know somewhere that has the grey for that price too, but one or two that are a bit cheaper.

Quote from: Elvinley on May 05, 2017, 02:01:27 PM
Maybe they made less of the SR ones.

Or SR Green is just the best version to get and they've sold out for that reason ;)

daveg

Farish N Class - lovely model.

I'm lucky and have the SR livery version. Liked it so much I got an early emblem one as well.

Looks like I should have got two of the SR and renumbered one of them.

Hope you find one, at a sensible price.

Dave G

Dorsetmike

I already have 2, one had been hacked to an N1 (3 cylinder version) I now want one to see if I can l hack one into a U class. I've nearly finished hacking a Farish Scot into a Nelson; what's the betting Farol or Dapish bring one out in a few months, wouldn't be the first time I've had that happen.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

davidinyork

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations