New livery Class 86s announced

Started by StufromEGDL, April 18, 2017, 05:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StufromEGDL

Hi Guys,

In a press release from Kernow Models...it seems that finally, some newly liveried Class 86s are heading our way.

86401 in Caley Blue ( incorrectly labelled as Meg Mons!!)
86259 Les Ross/Peter Pan in Electric Blue
86216 Meteor in BR Blue
86213 in IC Exec

Let's hope the correct bodies are used and the printing And colouring is well researched.

Press release here...
http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/c/953/Dapol

Later,
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Intercity

Were the original bodies incorrect? I've been collecting a few as they pop up, these new releases are in my range but hopefully it will cause some of the earlier ones to hit the marketplace

StufromEGDL

Hi There,

A couple of the liveries were not quite well executed....but the correct bodies have a centre headlight on some but not others. I'm assuming the correct tdm fitted body will be used for 401. Good job the ACLG didn't put the MW boxes back on like they did with 87002!!

Later,
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

CaleyDave

If they deliver what is proposed it looks like they have listened to peoples suggestions on the Dapol Digest

Quote from: StufromEGDL on April 18, 2017, 05:25:09 PM
86401 in Caley Blue ( incorrectly labelled as Meg Mons!!)
Was glad they chose that one over Sir William A Stanier FRS as it saves me renaming but looks like I still may need to! :smiley-laughing:

If 86213 is indeed in IC Exec I do hope I can resist it  :drool:.

njee20

Great choices, can't believe they've not done another batch of IC Swallow too.

Intercity

I was hoping for 236 but that's just me being selfish as it was a favorite, plus the unique blue nameplate was always an eye catcher (until virgin painted it black and red)

Ben A

Hello all,

Mmmm 86259.  That saves me a respray.

Cheers

Ben A.

scottmitchell74

Kernowmodels are selling the old ones for £49.99. Very tempting, but just not needed.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

NeMo

The BR blue Class 86 is certainly welcome, though for the price, £93.95, it's not much cheaper than the limited edition BR blue ones sold through C&M Models some years back!

It's a shame that true "as built" AL6s in electric blue livery aren't on the cards, but I guess the amount of work needed to create them isn't justified.

Nice to hear that Dapol hasn't abandoned 'N' despite some of the rumours floating about!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Skyline2uk

I personally believe this may be indicative of the Dapol N strategy for the foreseeable future; re-offering existing models in new liveries. The idea (purely an assumption on my part) being to build up some cash using paid for tooling.

If Dapol choose liveries carefully this might be a winner, I remember reading on this forum for example that blue 86s were very popular and didn't have the production to match.

Having checked the Kerno page I think the cheap ones are only in EWS now?

Skyline2uk

njee20

Quote from: NeMo on April 18, 2017, 09:09:19 PM
The BR blue Class 86 is certainly welcome, though for the price, £93.95, it's not much cheaper than the limited edition BR blue ones sold through C&M Models some years back

Why would it be?

Dr Al

Poor poor choice of 86213 in IC Exec - they've already done '213 in Swallow!!! Could they not have chose a different number!!

Sounds cheapskate, so they can reuse print or nameplates.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

jpendle

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on April 18, 2017, 08:34:49 PM
Kernowmodels are selling the old ones for £49.99. Very tempting, but just not needed.

Just looked and couldn't see any under their Dapol page.

Maybe they sold them all, I'm not surprised at that price.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

scottmitchell74

Wow, gone already! Well, that made my decision for me.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

railsquid

Quote from: Skyline2uk on April 18, 2017, 09:32:47 PM
I personally believe this may be indicative of the Dapol N strategy for the foreseeable future; re-offering existing models in new liveries. The idea (purely an assumption on my part) being to build up some cash using paid for tooling.

If Dapol choose liveries carefully this might be a winner, I remember reading on this forum for example that blue 86s were very popular and didn't have the production to match.
There was apparently a limited production run exclusive to a certain model shop, making them rarer than hen's teeth, I ended up getting the Network Rail pair with an eye to respraying as there was no sign Dapol would bring out blue again...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations