NGS Kit Production has started

Started by Mirrlees, December 10, 2016, 11:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirrlees

All please see below for mug shots for Britain's most wanted.

As for the kits we decided to start on an easy kit to get ourselves going.  We now have over 100 kit 1s.  I'll be keeping 20 for stand stock and sending the rest to Gill at the shop.  We also manage a small amount of kit 8s, and again I'll have 20 on the stand and the balance will go to Gill.  We also sorted out some bogies.  I will keep 10 or so and the balance to Gill.  These at the 5'6" platebacks.  These were most ones we had.

There is some bad news but not catastrophic news.  The tooling for the coupling box (NEM and Spring) is damaged and we are awaiting repair.  I'll keep everyone updated with that.
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

trkilliman

Good to see these pictures of a group effort, in a spru-ced room.

I know I speak for others when I say thank you for these pics and updates, it's appreciated.

zopadooper

To pick up on a number of the questions raised in this thread, no kits had been produced since October 2014 until this week so the stock as shown on the Shop website is correct.  there is very little of anything.
I am reliably informed by the main man that 167 kit 1's were assembled at the weekend although they still need labels.
I would doubt if they will be listed on the Shop site before Christmas.
Subject to sourcing all the components we expect to have the full range of Society kits available in the coming months, both in the Shop and on the Display Stand.
As the person who has been making excuses to the members for the last 2 years I would like to thank Tim and his team for their valiant efforts and say "keep up the good work".

Gill
Shop Manager

Geoff Endacott

I think we probably have enough mains sockets in the new clubrooms.

I also see that you have also managed to get a OO gauge layout onto the N gauge forum.

Geoff Endacott

Mirrlees

Quote from: Geoff Endacott on December 20, 2016, 11:25:42 PM
I also see that you have also managed to get a OO gauge layout onto the N gauge forum.

Geoff Endacott

I didn't want you to feel left out, Geoff.  :laugh:
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

JonHarbour

This is indeed great news. I'm looking forward to being able to order some of the kits in the not too distant future!

:thankyousign:
Still planning a layout...

middlefour

Great to read this, a big thank you to all involved!!!
Steve

zopadooper

Kits 1 and 8 plus 5'6" plateback bogies are back on the Shop website with more to follow in the New Year.

Gill
Shop Manager

jrb

Excellent! Just ordered some bogie bolsters I've been waiting for.

Thanks again to all the volunteers!!!

Mustermark

Thanks Gill... updates here will be very welcome as things go back in stock.
:thankyousign: :bounce:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Dr Al

To those sorting out the shop stock - if you should happen across any damaged or part missing sprues for the kits, will there be any chance to obtain them? I in particular have a few bolster kit 8 wagons that could do with some replacement parts to refurbish them from a previous owners build.

A bit of a shot in the dark, but thought I'd put it out there!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

trkilliman

Thats an interesting question Dr Al.

I could do with the ventilators to go with four NGS Meat vans.

zopadooper

We have certainly considered selling "spares" as has been suggested.  We were thinking of a nominal set price of maybe £1.50 per item because there can be a tremendous amount of time involved in ferreting for the right components.  The problem then of course is the dreaded postage cost.  That has got to be at least another £1.50.

Gill
Shop Manager

littlegs

Well done guys and of course Gill
Glad to see that you may find the light at the end of the tunnel at last

Snowwolflair

How about selling them at shows "by weight", like pick and mix sweets.

either prepacked or dive in and find.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations