NGS Kit Production has started

Started by Mirrlees, December 10, 2016, 11:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirrlees

Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Ben Line 457

Good luck to all for what will be a lot of hard graft.

Many thanks in advance.

trkilliman

This is very good to see.

I believe that many people join the NGS to have access to the kits and Modelmaster decals, and of course the RTR specials for members. With the price of RTR wagons constantly increasing the kits must surely have become a more attractive option than ever.

We have been told our society shop and it's contents were left in a mess, to use a clean four letter word.  Sorting out the numerous kits must have been some task. When the kits are back to full strength/availability and rationalisation of the shop stock is achieved I imagine things should look up.

So, thank you guys for sorting the kits out.

Roy L S

Looks like they have all been shut in a deep bunker somewhere until the job has been done..

Seriously, this is great news. Much as I like the modern RTR stuff I still enjoy building the odd Society wagon kit - I find it can be very relaxing and the results very good - you get out what you put in.

I don't like to think how many of the NGS kit 1 hoppers I have built over the years...

Roy

koyli55002

out of interest, where IS this secret bunker ?
just about to retire myself ..........

austinbob

Quote from: koyli55002 on December 12, 2016, 03:53:01 AM
out of interest, where IS this secret bunker ?
just about to retire myself ..........
Its secret!!!! If they told you that they'd have to kill you....  :) :laugh3:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Tank

Well done to everyone involved.   :thumbsup:  I'm sure that this will please a lot of members, as the shop seems to be the main attraction - or certainly those who have raised concerns on social media.

free debt man

The kits are being put together by the N Gauge Society Wiltshire 5 Towns area group; contact as per the Society newsletter is with Tim Hitch (Mirrlees)(last page of the news letter). The Bentley Model Railway Group at Calne Wiltshire have allowed us to use their brand new club room to put kits together. They are looking for new members of course. Please contact me for full details, by PM or on 01225 350465. The address of the club room is
15 Harris Road,  Porte Marsh Trading Estate,  Calne  SN11 9PT
Anyone who would like to help the Area Group with kit building would be most welcome.
Now where did I put that sprue and the coupling spring? :worried:
Stuart Conlon
General Secretary
N Gauge Society

koyli55002

Afraid Wiltshire is a bit too much of a commute from the Republic of Yorkshire......
Otherwise I'd have been glad to help.

A huge well done and thanks to all who HAVE got involved  :thankyousign:

Mustermark

Likewise, a bit of a trek from here too.
This is wonderful. Great work everyone. Thank you, one and all. :beers:
:NGaugersRule:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Vonzack

Great news, thank you to all involved.

Smiffy

Great to see this - many thanks to all involved

NTrain

I can appreciate the effort involved based on my own kit assembly.

Mustermark

There are fairly few kits in stock on the shop website... It's not clear on the shop site if things are sold out, or just not sorted out.  Can someone shed light on whether this kit production activity means more kits will be back in stock when this is done? Or is it sorting out the kits that are already showing as in stock on the shop website?

Say, for example, is it worth waiting to see if 17a Cartic-4 comes back into stock?

Sorry if it's a daft question.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Skyline2uk

You know what I actually rather liked sitting in "the bunker" and sorting kits whilst talking N gauge for a few hours.

Ample tea and biscuits help too 😀

@Mirrlees , can you comment on the completion of kits to date?

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations