Todays Top Tip

Started by dannyboy, March 12, 2018, 03:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I thought we could all benefit from a daily dose of useful tips. I will start the ball rolling by saying that when washing your car, especially when using a power washer, make sure that all the windows are firmly closed - even a window open just ¼" will allow a fair amount of water in!"  :-[
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

I tend to keep sliced bread in the salad bin in my fridge to prolong its life. I also find sucking the air from the bread bag before putting the tie* on it increases the bread's life even further.

* A cravat or Dickie Bow does not give the same effect :no:

dannyboy

Does the sliced bread prolong the life of the salad bin or the fridge, (or both)?
David.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on March 12, 2018, 03:42:18 PM
Does the sliced bread prolong the life of the salad bin or the fridge, (or both)?

Well, when I say 'fridge' I actually mean a hole in t'patio :cold:

daffy

Quote from: newportnobby on March 12, 2018, 03:35:05 PM
I tend to keep sliced bread in the salad bin in my fridge to prolong its life. I also find sucking the air from the bread bag before putting the tie* on it increases the bread's life even further.

* A cravat or Dickie Bow does not give the same effect :no:

Ive tried that a few times, with mixed results:

Attempt 1 - found that snorting yeast in this way doesn't give any high whatsoever. :(
Attempt 2 - sucked and sucked for ages until I realised the bag had purpose built holes in it. :doh:
Attempt 3 - nearly choked to death on a piece of loose crust that was impelled into my throat.

Decided to freeze bread to eat as required. Anyway, frozen bread makes better toast IMO.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on March 12, 2018, 03:53:37 PM

Decided to freeze bread to eat as required. Anyway, frozen bread makes better toast IMO.

Fine if you're with an NHS dentist but I can't afford dentist bills for broken teeth, Mike.

daffy

Quote from: newportnobby on March 12, 2018, 03:55:45 PM
Quote from: daffy on March 12, 2018, 03:53:37 PM

Fine if you're with an NHS dentist but I can't afford dentist bills for broken teeth, Mike.

Ah, but that's when my top tip comes in handy - I take mine out first! I'm a real sucker for bread. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

MalcolmInN

My tip,
lend car to daughter, her partner will then be volunteered to use his power wash.

themadhippy

Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Caz

This reminds me of when we had a small car hire business here we used to use the local car wash to quickly wash the cars between hirers and one day my ex realised he had left one of the windows open.  He dashed to the car to get in it just as the machine was approaching the doors and got trapped in the door, he got a lovely shower for his trouble.  I promise I didn't laugh much.   :angel:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

broadsword

Never try to tie your shoelace in a revolving door.

joe cassidy

This is becoming a bit Viz-like :no:

dannyboy

Another tip.

When putting an engine on the test track to test and run in, do not go off and make your lunch, then start watching the news on TV and then watch a programme that you had recorded earlier  :tv:. Otherwise, 3 hours later you will think "what did I have to do?"  :worried:. Hopefully though, if you do this, you will find the engine merrily still going round the test track, (which mine was  :whistle:).
David.

daffy

So now you'll have to run it in the other direction for three hours - just to be sure it's run in properly. :'(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations