Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Congratulations Dad, you will get plenty time to do your ballasting with all those sleepless nights you will be having, just learn how to do it one handed with baby in other arm  :hmmm:

cheers John.

Jack

Congratulation Timmo!!  :beers:

No more spare money for trains then, not by the time you've spoiled the new little lady in your life.  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Newportnobby

Great news, Timmo :beers:

Is her middle name Palindrome ;)

Hope mother and baby are doing well :thumbsup:

daveg

Two things to be happy about:

Results of my angiogram yesterday confirm I don't need the op.

Union Mills info arrived and told to add a loco to my already very long 65th birthday wishlist

:claphappy:

Dave

Pengi

Quote from: daveg on August 08, 2012, 07:20:27 AM

Union Mills info arrived and told to add a loco to my already very long 65th birthday wishlist

Dave

Great news Dave!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

Wot Pengy said - that must be a huge relief, Dave :)

scotsoft

I have had a few angiograms and the best experience I had was when one was done by a junior with the consultant looking on.  We cracked jokes and after they put that stuff in that makes you think you "need to go" I tried to negotiate a price for a supply as it was an incredible pleasurable feeling.  :smiley-laughing:

The other were all done by the head guys who treated you like a piece of meat on a conveyor belt and they caused pain  :veryangry:

Great news you don't need an operation and I hope it stays that way for a long time  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

daveg

Thanks John

Yes, that strange, warm feeling does stay with you!  ::)

The first two done at Harefield were painless and interesting. The last two were very uncomfortable so I'm planning on not having any more, ta very much!

All the best.

Dave

jonclox

Quote from: daveg on August 08, 2012, 07:20:27 AM

Dave
Thats great news  :bounce:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

longbridge

;D ;D ;D Cant remember that I ever got a warm feeling from the three Angiogram's I had but I did enjoy watching the TV monitor while the had a sticky inside my ticker.

Best was when the inserted a septal occluder into into a 3.5cm hole in my heart and opened it up like an umbarella, second Angiogram was not so cool the pushed through two blocked arteries so the could fit stents, I thought I was having a heart attack.

Its nice to see you are all clear and don't need any further work, watch your diet and stay safe  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

Happy today as I bought CorelDraw X5 (graphics software), and Microsoft Office Professional Plus (£8.95 for the latter, and legal).   :)

daveg

Happy 'putering!

Looks a good deal on Office; which version did you get for that bargain price? I'm using 2003 but told by a pro user that the lastest Office isn't as user friendly as previous versions.

I'm still working my way through Photoshop. Don't think I'm up to coping with Corel.

Look forward to seeing some stunning results posted.

Dave

Tank

It's the 2010 version.  I found out last night on Facebook that because I work in a school, I get a discount. :beers:  I couldn't with CorelDraw though.

I like Photoshop, and I've been using Corel Paint Shop Pro X, which is limited and well out of date now!

Pengi

After having got my used Fleischmann ICE-T (3 car set) plus two extra ICE-T coaches for £118. I have just seen that Waltons have them new for £463.

Ok mine are second hand and one of the coaches has some marks on it but what a saving!

Now to track down some more coaches at affordable prices - I've not been able to find out if they come with the interior lighting or if that is an extra.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

daveg

Another cracking deal Pengy, well spotted.

I've just ordered a used Class 47 that's saved a few bob so hope it turns out to be a good 'un.

Dave

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations