Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo2k

funny you should mention that, Ive just requested to be dropped from Tramadol, to Co-codamols. with the quantity of pills ive been getting from him, I should open up the wilts branch of Amsterdam!

Shame you get immune to the buzz after a few days.

hope your back feels better, is it a long term thing?
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Irish Padre

Reasons to be cheerful - got my track laid and painted - and it still works!

Also, found some old Fleischmann HO track in the cupboard which I sold on eBay and raised enough to buy a Farish 2-6-4T !

David

Tank

Quote from: polo2k on January 25, 2012, 12:17:49 PM
funny you should mention that, Ive just requested to be dropped from Tramadol, to Co-codamols. with the quantity of pills ive been getting from him, I should open up the wilts branch of Amsterdam!

Shame you get immune to the buzz after a few days.

hope your back feels better, is it a long term thing?

:smiley-laughing:

I hope not!  I keep having spouts of it hurting sadly because of my job.

Jack

I had painted and ballasted a very small section of my layout for learning purposes but since then  I've been putting off track painting and ballasting for quite a few months now, I didn't want to put my rolling stock into their boxes. So after a mammoth session of track painting today all track painting is now done - Mug of tea in hand job done!

The rest of the ballasting will be a while yet, I've still to build platforms and lay some track side trunking, but it does mean that after a good cleaning with track rubber and a run around with my CMX Track Cleaner  tomorrow, I can get some of my stock out again for some train play time  ;D ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Kipper

Been to the hospital today and seen my new surgeon. Has put in motion plan to remove remains of cancerous thyroid asap, and had my pre-op checks done today as well, so should all be sorted in four weeks.

lesmond

Good result, Kipper, hope it all goes well for you  :thumbsup:

Keep us posted, please.
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Jack

Quote from: Kipper on January 26, 2012, 04:25:58 PM
Been to the hospital today and seen my new surgeon. Has put in motion plan to remove remains of cancerous thyroid asap, and had my pre-op checks done today as well, so should all be sorted in four weeks.

Kinda puts all our little happy moments into perspective. Hope it all goes well for you Kipper.  :thumbsup:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Mustermark

Good luck Kipper.  Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

Hi Kipper - good news. All the best and keep us up to date :wave:

Irish Padre

Yes kipper - and best wishes to to all who  are on painkillers.

EddieA

Opened this thread to post that I had received my first pay from my new job and was looking forward to spending it on modelling goodies...

then I read Kipper's post.

Puts everything into perspective!

Kipper, hope all goes well. I'm thinking about you as no doubt are all the members of this Forum.

Best wishes
Eddie

"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Kipper

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. Been a year of operations and treatment but, hopefully, this op and another bout of treatment will sort it (for a few years at least).

Lawrence

Can only echo previous comments kipper - wish you all the very best mate  :thumbsup:

polo2k

Firstly, Kipper: well done for staying so positive!

Secondly, Asus EEPc for £50 today, so looks like I may have a layout that can be geared towards the layout, without dragging the full size one around.
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Cimmerian

All the best Kipper. Look forward to the post that says it's all done and you're fixed.
Regards, Ken

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations