The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Get photographs and a statement from your repairer and submit a complaint and request compensation.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

I saw on the national news a couple of weeks ago a biker had hit a deep pothole, come off his bike and broken his leg. He successfully did his council for £18000 but I'd suggest (a) this didn't cover the cost of repairs to his bike and loss of earnings and (b) it might not have cost that much to repair the pothole anyway :hmmm:
The only benefit to holes in the road is that, in Leyland, you are rarely tailgated as everyone wants to see what comes into view hole wise. It's stupid not to.

Yet_Another

Quote from: dannyboy on March 28, 2018, 03:40:52 PM
Get photographs and a statement from your repairer and submit a complaint and request compensation.
Not practical on an unidentifiable dark section of narrow-lanes motorway, and no way of proving that was the cause. Like the biker, there needs to be a clear link between the pothole and the damage. Just saying 'your pothole damaged my car' doesn't really cut the mustard.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

dannyboy

I would certainly take photo's of the damage and speak to you repairer. It will cost nowt to put in a claim.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

And whilst your weaving around the pot holes the cop car behind you  decides your driving erratically and pulls you over.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

And, being perfectly sober, I'd just tell 'em I'm a decoy :) :P

guest311

Quote from: themadhippy on March 28, 2018, 03:56:49 PM
And whilst your weaving around the pot holes the cop car behind you  decides your driving erratically and pulls you over.

no danger of that here,

you never see a cop, let alone a cop car.

all the sirens around here seem to be ambulances, probably heading to pick up yet another biker who has hit a pothole !

silly moo

I'm fed up with myself  :-[ We are moving house after 18 years and I can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated. The railway room is worst of all, I seem to have had more cardboard and paper than trains! I know a bit of hoarding in our hobby is useful but I went a bit overboard. I'll try and reform but I'll probably be back to my bad habits once we settle down in our new home.

daveg

Hope the move goes well, Veronica.

Know what you mean about hoarding 'really useful' bits and pieces. It does seem such a waste to throw away all those handy bits of card and plastic packaging.

Dave G

Jerry Howlett

@silly moo

I'll  "second that. You can never have too many bits.

Mrs "H" suggested that I move.. but only the railway from one room to another. The new Railway room is full and the old Railway room still contains boxes of "useful items".   :D :D

Good luck with the move.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

daveg

No hot water and a houseful of guests for the Bank Hols!

We're in the sticks so it's electricity only for that service. Oil boiler runs heating only -we inherited it that way.

Solar system bit that does the hot water has failed after just 18 months and there's no physical bypass to get the immersion running.

Solar installers proved to be incompetent re documentation and it took a year to sort out correct Generation values, etc. Dreading going back to them with a fault.   :doh:

Dave G

TrevL

Quote from: daveg on April 02, 2018, 08:22:23 AM

We're in the sticks so it's electricity only for that service. Oil boiler runs heating only -we inherited it that way.

Solar system bit that does the hot water has failed after just 18 months and there's no physical bypass to get the immersion running.

Solar installers proved to be incompetent re documentation and it took a year to sort out correct Generation values, etc. Dreading going back to them with a fault.   :doh:

Dave G
My SPV panels have got an inch of snow on them this morning :(
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: daveg on April 02, 2018, 08:22:23 AM

Dave G

You have my sympathies.

I appreciate your confidence in them maybe low, but surely it's not too difficult to bypass so you can use the immersion? If not them, could another sparky do it?

Skyline2uk

Bealman

Quote from: silly moo on March 30, 2018, 03:23:11 PM
I'm fed up with myself  :-[ We are moving house after 18 years and I can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated. The railway room is worst of all, I seem to have had more cardboard and paper than trains! I know a bit of hoarding in our hobby is useful but I went a bit overboard. I'll try and reform but I'll probably be back to my bad habits once we settle down in our new home.

I know what it's like!

Good luck - bite the bullet and clean it all out. :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: Skyline2uk on April 02, 2018, 09:02:56 AM

You have my sympathies.

I appreciate your confidence in them maybe low, but surely it's not too difficult to bypass so you can use the immersion? If not them, could another sparky do it?

Skyline2uk

Thanks.

The suggested bypass had been thought about but we'd have to break the seal to the box and that may make things awkward re warranty (18 months in of 24). On top of that, neither of us are 'qualified' and although probably an easy thing, we won't do that.

We have reported the fault and will expect a prompt response or otherwise we will get our local sparks to make the change.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations