Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Last week I was walking the dog along a local cycle/ walking path
when I found £10 note, that cheered me up no end.
Invested the money in 3 pints of Old Peculier. :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Newportnobby

I tried some Theakston's Infallible last week and it was a mighty fine pint :pint:

Trainfish

After having a good old whinge at Sky for taking 11 months to move my phone line rental to them we agreed compensation. I wanted the difference for each month between the 2 line rentals, about £27.50 in total. On Wednesday a very arrogant 'customer service' rep offered me £10 as I couldn't prove that I'd chased it up every month. I took the £10 but said I may appeal. On Saturday a very nice lady called me unaware of the £10 offer. She couldn't believe how little he had offered when I told her. She offered me free multiroom (which was recently fitted free) for 12 months worth £123 and also dropped my phone line rental to £3 per month for 12 months, another £138 saving. So, a total of £271 saved when they could have given me £27.50 and I would have been happy  :claphappy:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

bigbear

Our 13 1/2 year old dog was reprieved last night! She's not been well for a few days and we thought it was her last night, but before the vet arrived, she started to pick up a bit. He said it would be wrong to put her to sleep while she is still enjoying life a bit. I am relieved and amazed at the same time. What a tough old girl she is!

daveg

Good for her, BB!

Our 19 year old moggy is a very special member of the family. She's wobbly with clicky bones and poor eyesight but we are so happy when she greets us at the bottom of the stairs each morning.

Her 'doc' lives next door so she gets very personal service without the stress of visits to the surgery.

Dave G

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: bigbear on October 23, 2012, 07:46:53 AM
Our 13 1/2 year old dog was reprieved last night! She's not been well for a few days and we thought it was her last night, but before the vet arrived, she started to pick up a bit. He said it would be wrong to put her to sleep while she is still enjoying life a bit. I am relieved and amazed at the same time. What a tough old girl she is!

With you on that, we have a 14 year old cairn terrier and a 13 year old collie cross that continue to amaze us in agility (well intrest in food at least). Long may all of the canine geriatrics survive !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Sprintex

Quote from: daveg on October 23, 2012, 07:53:13 AMOur 19 year old moggy is a very special member of the family. She's wobbly with clicky bones and poor eyesight but we are so happy when she greets us at the bottom of the stairs each morning.

Her 'doc' lives next door so she gets very personal service without the stress of visits to the surgery.

Dave G

We have an 18 year old Maine Coon cat called Molly. Her eyesight is fine and she can still jump the fence to get round the front of the house! She is going deaf though and her digestion ain't what it was ;) She can still give our 8 year old tom Tigger a clout if he annoys her  ;D

Paul

Matthew-peter

We currently have a 16 year old, one eyed Tom Tabby who although getting on is still quite an active lad, normally seen on our neighbours shed roof trying to pester birds, never gets any as hes quite docile.
We also have a 16 year old cross breed dog (part whippet with something else) and shes starting to feel her age, quite slow and really takes her time with food, but we all love them to pieces.
OK who took my cake?

Bikeracer

Looks like that cat's in training for using a vending machine.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Kipper

If it was a dog, it would just sniff the printer, then pee on it!

EtchedPixels

Faggots mushy peas bread and gravy on a cold day

British Cuisine for British weather
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

bigbear

We have reached 1/2 term and I'm driving to Scotland tomorrow at the crack of dawn... Just when they've had their first snowfall! I don't believe it! Hoping to do the rail journey between the Kyle of Lochalsh and Inverness - probably in a diesel, as I doubt they'll be steaming at this time of year?

Wish us luck!

guest311

Quote from: bigbear on October 27, 2012, 12:29:18 AM
We have reached 1/2 term and I'm driving to Scotland tomorrow at the crack of dawn... Just when they've had their first snowfall! I don't believe it! Hoping to do the rail journey between the Kyle of Lochalsh and Inverness - probably in a diesel, as I doubt they'll be steaming at this time of year?

Wish us luck!

lucky b****r !

Agrippa

Just back from visiting friends and family in Kent and East Sussex,
plenty of Shepherd Neame and Fullers consumed. finger lickin good. :beers:

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP