Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mito

Moments of passion, years of problems :)
Congratulations.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bob Tidbury

I had a nice day out yesterday at believe it or not a Bus Museum we had a couple of rides in vintage buses and one trip went through a village called
TIDBURY GREEN I didn't know I had a village named after me ,But the happy bit is railway related I met Jason Shron and had a nice chat with him I asked him IF the A P T E didn't get the numbers that  Ben and Mike require would Rapido still go ahead and make it anyway ,he said that he was very confident that the project will get the required number and Revolution WILL go ahead and make it but it won't be available for a couple of years . I also had a good look at the class 92 it does look good I also had a look at the O O bus that Rapido are doing and although it's the wrong scale it looks like it will be the finest bus model ever made ,The Canadian bus looked amazing .
Oh I all,most forgot  I also picked up a complete set of light units and screws for my Poppylino .
Bob Tidbury

Yet_Another

Happy days!

A while ago, I tried to put a decoder into a second hand class 47 that I'd bought even more of a while ago. Following the usual recommended practice, I gave it a run-in, and it was a bit hesitant, but 'good enough' I thought. Well it wasn't. With a DCX76 installed, it was awful. Hesitant, wouldn't start, flashing lights, the works. So I pulled out the decoder, put it in something that would work, and parked the 47.

Well this evening, as part of my push to get everything decodered, I got it out again, and gave it a proper inspection. The wheels were my first thought, but I'd obviously been there before, because they were lovely and clean. Next, off with the bogies, and lo and behold, more grease than, well, something I'm probably not allowed to say any more.

Half an hour of scraping and padding later, it runs much better, and does a lovely slow crawl with the new Zimo decoder installed. Result!
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

Got my SQ11 cube camera this morning so it's on charge as I type this :)

ColinH

I got my SQ11 this morning as well. Lights came on  when switched on but reckoned this would be a low charge so plugged it in to my laptop to charge and it got very hot and now nothing appears to work. Don't know what I did wrong.  :confusedsign:
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

Newportnobby

I seem to be having some difficulties with mine too :hmmm:
The micro SD card is not a click fit (as this video states) and it was only by following the vid I could tell which way up to put the card into the camera. Consequently I had already managed to nearly lose the SD card in the camera and had to use tweezers to extract it!

More fun tomorrow, no doubt :uneasy:

Papyrus

Happy birthday, Marco!

Just back from a week's break in Norfolk during which our grand old dog, Marco, celebrated his 16th birthday.

Those of you who read my earlier post on this thread (reply #3614, page 241) will know that we thought his number was up 3 months ago, so we are delighted that he has reached this milestone. Mind you, he gave us another scare at the beginning of the holiday and we had to take him to a local vet, but he bounced back. He never ceases to amaze us. He has come through numerous health scares, particularly during the last 12 months, but he's always recovered. He's had more lives than any cat and we are beginning to think he may be immortal...

Here's another holiday picture, this time with his great-grand-daughter, Lexie (on the left) and his great-great-grand-daughter, Bella (right).

We expect that will be his last holiday, so we are glad that he had a good one doing his favourite things - walking on the beach, visiting friends, and testing the local pubs and caffs.

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

For once I had a victory with the local council.... convinced them that a tree next to Chez Bealman was dangerous, and they came and took it.

Peace of mind. Been worried it about it crashing down on the house for years.

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

I had a similar thing in a previous home, George.

A shame when a tree has to come down but the job was done the extra light gained both outside and in was amazing.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on June 29, 2018, 05:47:39 AM
For once I had a victory with the local council.... convinced them that a tree next to Chez Bealman was dangerous, and they came and took it.

Now they're stumped why they didn't do it before

dannyboy

You branching out into subtle humour now Mick?  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Geez, maybe I shouldn't have posted this.

Although everyone is a comedian, getting council to do anything round here is like banging your head on the tree stump.

Big victory, serious.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on June 29, 2018, 09:09:15 AM

Dunno what was subtle about my post but I bough to your superior knowledge.

(No trivialisation of your achievement is intended, George :no:)

MinZaPint

Having drunk beer for nearly 60 years I have fond memories of draught Bass which these days is hard to find thanks to brewery mergers and "the Beer Orders!

imagine my delight when on a short visit to Harrogate I went into Hales Bar, a lovely old fashioned pub with cracking atmosphere 6 cask ales one of which was

in perfect nick! Well worth a visit if you're in the area.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 29, 2018, 02:58:48 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on June 29, 2018, 09:09:15 AM

Dunno what was subtle about my post but I bough to your superior knowledge.

(No trivialisation of your achievement is intended, George :no:)

Now you are barking up the wrong tree. Come to think of it, the tree isn't there anymore! 
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations