!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Sithee from a straight talking Yorkshire lass  (Read 61 times)

woodbury22uk, Ben A, john12glen and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Lindi

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Sithee from a straight talking Yorkshire lass
« on: Today at 09:12:28 am »
It seems my posts on this forum get complained about regularly, that I 'upset' other members and at least one member has left citing my 'aggression' (?) all of which was news to me as I'm not aware in the last year that any of my posts have been moderated. I have looked through my posts and haven't found anything. The only two members that I can remember having extended discussions with are still active contributors ( @njee20 and @davidinyork ).

If anybody reading this has been upset by my posts then please accept my apologies. I'm just a simple straight talking Yorkshire lass who's interested in the (mainly) mens world of toy trains (I've used 'toy' as a moderator used this expression on a thread on Monday and I didn't want to cause anymore more upset... ooops maybe I just have)

I have also been accused of 'targeting' a moderator (really? the title of a 1970 Black Sabbath song comes to mind). I certainly wasn't aware of it and no evidence was produced to substantiate this and I very rarely contributed to posts made by the moderator in question.

Anyway for the sake of the forum (and the well being of members) I will no longer be posting. As I was unaware of which/if any of my posts caused 'upset,' they have now been deleted. Sorry if anybody was still interested in them.

I suppose I must have been doing something right as I received 678 thank yous on just under 600 posts in the last 13 months.

Again if anybody reading this has been 'upset' by my posts then please accept my apologies.

I'm a member on RMWeb so for the many forum members who also contribute on RMWeb you'll probably see my name cropping up there

Happy modelling

sithee

Lindi

p.s. there is currently a thread on the forum where at least one member implies that the type of clothing girls/women wear encourages sexist remarks/behaviour from boys/men and they should expect it. The clothes a girl/woman wear is NEVER EVER responsible for such behaviour.

Take another less serious scenario, a person walking down the road, takes a mobile phone out of there pocket and a stranger pushes past and steals the phone. Who's fault is the theft, the person taking the phone out of there pocket giving temptation to the thief and therefore should have been expecting it to be stolen or the thief for stealing it

In both causes it is the perpetrators of the crime that are completely responsible, the victims did nothing wrong.

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Sithee from a straight talking Yorkshire lass
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:23:54 am »
Well I'll go t'foot of ar stairs Lindi!  I thought us Yorkshire folk were supposed to be a bit thick skinned. Why are you letting the minority put you off? There are plenty of us who enjoy reading your posts. As soon as you get more than one person talking, there will be some disagreement - that is human nature. "My way is right". "No it's not, mine is".  And as the forum has a lot of members, somebody will disagree with you!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:31:32 am »
I'd agree with David, I've never complained about your posts (nor anyone's frankly), we've clashed on occasion, but that's life, and you make a lot of good contributions and appear very knowledgeable.

Like you, I've been pulled up plenty of times for being argumentative, causing members to leave and so on, my take on it is that if I'm truly that disruptive or detrimental to the forum then ban me (or ask me to leave), I won't attempt to circumvent that or anything daft. Up until then it's just one of those things, you don't come across as overtly aggressive to me. You can't get on with everyone, brush these things off and move on is my take.

It's a shame you've chosen to ruin a number of threads by simply deleting your posts, would have been more constructive to ask Tank to anonymise your contributions, but c'est la vie.

All the best,
Nick
« Last Edit: Today at 09:34:25 am by njee20 »

Online daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:35:03 am »
This is sad.
Sad too that your post count has dropped to just 26, as you have deleted the majority of your valuable contributions to the Forum.

Please reconsider.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:23:58 am by daffy, Reason: Corrected my error. »
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:52:24 am »
Well I'll miss your forthright posts, and the useful topics on new releases etc. Back in my early days on the forum I was directly criticised for being "unfriendly" when I criticised myself in a post. Someone read it as me criticising them! That person is no longer on the NGF.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Online Philip.

• N Gauge Society Number: 27332
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:51:55 am »
Well, as a Lancastrian  :D (in exile), I have never found your posts offensive. It's sad that you're leaving, but I wish you well  :)

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything