Gallery

Started by Lawrence, June 23, 2018, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Can someone please explain something to me as I seem to have clearly got thicker.
I wanted to create a folder for my images of the Perth 2018 show for those unable to attend, but it seemed unclear to me how to do this. What I wanted to do was create a folder and provide a link so forum members could see the images. The only way I could find to do this, in a manner clear to members, was to delete the images currently in my gallery folder and upload all the new images to it.
Surely there must be a way of creating a stand alone gallery 'folder' perhaps I just couldn't find the correct method, either way, the images are now there but it seems a bit of a buggers muddle doing it  :(

Malc

If you open galleries, then add a picture, select my gallery, then  you see your galleries. There is a gallery admin link to add a new topic.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Click on 'Gallery' (main toolbar) then 'My Gallery'. At the bottom of the page you will see 'Add Category' which is just gobbledygook for add another gallery. You can then title that gallery as you wish. Click on 'My Gallery' and you'll see a list of your galleries. Select the one you want and at the bottom of the page you have the choice of uploading single or bulk pics.
For better or for worse, that's what I do

Lawrence

Thanks @Malc & @Newportnobby, the 'add topic' might be better renamed 'add gallery', that was what caused my confusion, or it might be my age, or the wine  :confused1: ;)

Papyrus

Can you move pictures from one gallery to another without deleting then reloading them?

Cheers,

Chris

Yet_Another

Quote from: Papyrus on June 24, 2018, 08:05:10 PM
Can you move pictures from one gallery to another without deleting then reloading them?
Yes. You just edit the picture and then change the category, using the drop down list at the top.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

daveg

Here's another one with his daft head on!  :dunce:

I'm not able / dunno how to simply add 4 photos to my gallery that I can then perhaps later share in a post or two. I don't want to add the photos to a new post right now or create a new category.

Help! 

Off to dentist soon to have wisdom tooth extracted. Is there any hope left?!  :'(

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on July 25, 2018, 08:00:43 AM

Off to dentist soon to have wisdom tooth extracted. Is there any hope left?!  :'(

For your tooth? Nah :no: Think yourself lucky. I have to have wisdom teeth put in!

All you do is select your preferred gallery and at the bottom of the page you have the choice of uploading single or bulk pics. Just click on add bulk pics and then upload the ones you want. You can add them to posts as and when you want once they're in your gallery.

Caz

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 25, 2018, 12:16:07 PM
For your tooth? Nah :no: Think yourself lucky. I have to have wisdom teeth put in!

All you do is select your preferred gallery and at the bottom of the page you have the choice of uploading single or bulk pics. Just click on add bulk pics and then upload the ones you want. You can add them to posts as and when you want once they're in your gallery.

I'm impressed Mick, becoming a computer buff are we.   :P
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

You must be very easily impressed, Caz.
It's one area of the forum systems I've conquered, probably much to the chagrin of Only Me as I have copious amounts of photos in galleries (I so hate that word) on the forum.
Mind you, a lot of that is because I actually do take pics at model railway shows I attend.

daveg

Thanks for the help.

As you may have seen, I did get there in the end.

Just Daft Head day. Seem to be getting more of those!  :doh:

Dave G

Bealman

You and me both, Dave.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67%