World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on June 23, 2018, 09:00:11 PM
What a way to win!

What a way to lose!

Camera man kept focusing on gorgeous Swedes in despair.

That's it, I'm off to Russia to console the poor dears.

Blimey, don't know what to say about the result. Could get in trouble with a moderator on here or if my wife sees the sentence above, well trouble aint the word  :D

Cheers weave  :beers:

Newportnobby

Not being a footie person (I only watch the World Cup) I really don't care who wins providing it's not a team containing one of those who think they have god-like status. That immediately rules out Brazil and Portugal >:D

port perran

Come on England!
We completed our beach walk early today so that we could be home in time to tune in.  A beautiful day here as you can see.
Looking forward to 6-0!

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Is that where you live?

Awesome!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

Quote from: Bealman on June 24, 2018, 12:49:49 PM
Is that where you live?

Awesome!  :beers:
Unfortunately we are inland. Our nearest beach is 10 mins away. That's Holywell Bay which is about a 20 minute drive and was beautifully quiet at 9-15 today. Those who follow Poldark on TV may recognise it.
I'll revise my 6-0 to 8-0!

acko22

Ok I know its not Brazil or Belgium but 5-0 at half time now this is a statement of intent!!
Lets get some more and make it a game to remember
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

scottmitchell74

Is it me or is that a weird amount of happiness to still be down 6-1? Maybe just relief at not being shut out?

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

acko22

Well its's their first world cup goal so they have to celebrate something!!

The only downer for me was Pickford not getting a clean sheet
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Bob Tidbury

That's only the second football match I've watched and thats only because I was looking for my son in the dugout ,whatever he's cooking for the team it's obviosly giving them the energy to win ,a team wins on its stomach so they say.
And as  their chef he's still part of the team .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

I was more pleased to see a referee clamping down on the 'wrestling' in the penalty area. To my mind, the standard of adjudication has left a lot to be desired and some players have been allowed to dive all over the place, cause obstruction, put an elbow in the face, stick a leg out to trip etc etc. The TV cameras seem to pick it up OK so why don't the back up refs in the VAR box? I'd like to see a lot more yellow cards when we get to the last 16 as it will actually make players think twice about some of their appalling acting :veryangry: :veryangry:

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

thebrighton

My concern is the quality of the referees. This is the world cup so should have the best referees and although I'm sure the representatives from Uzbekistan, Bahrain, Gambia, Zambia, Tahiti etc know the rules and are the top refs in their respective countries are they really up to officiating at this level? Our refs get a regular knocking but we don't have a single representative at the World Cup, surely we've got a dozen that are better qualified.

Newportnobby

Quote from: thebrighton on June 24, 2018, 08:29:26 PM
Our refs get a regular knocking but we don't have a single representative at the World Cup, surely we've got a dozen that are better qualified.

I didn't know that. What a shocking state of affairs :o

I think Poland got what they deserved tonight and will probably be glad to be going home. They just didn't seem happy to even be there, let alone play some football ::)
I reckon Senegal V Columbia could be a game to watch :hmmm:

lil chris

I reckon England V Belgum will be a game to watch, we will be up against some decent opposition. It should sort the men from the boys......
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations