!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: DG Couplings - Anyone prepared to make some for me?  (Read 212 times)

Offline Carmont

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
DG Couplings - Anyone prepared to make some for me?
« on: April 28, 2018, 05:55:35 pm »
Having struggled over the last few days to make a batch of N Gauge DG Couplings, a combination of shaky hands and very poor near sightedness, means that the project has ended in abject disaster. I can manage to fold the main etch, but getting the latch to lock into the main fret (by bending the tabs) and bending and inserting the loop is beyond me. It's actually quite upsetting.

Is there anyone on the forum who would be prepared to make some for me? Ultimately I could be looking for around a hundred, but initially fifty to begin with, although there is no great hurry for them.

Anyone interested in a commission for making these, please reply by PM with a rough idea of how much you'd be looking for.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Platy767

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: DG Couplings - Anyone prepared to make some for me?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 12:09:34 pm »
Hi Carmont. I don't want to dissuade you from using the DG coupling, but I share your difficulty with this one. I found making the loop and dropper slightly difficult, even with the loop jig. I moved over to testing the BB coupling (and once again it is a hand made small coupler), but it has an etched loop. Perhaps you also might find it slightly easier to manage. This chap also has some tips for the bb.

https://modelrailmusings.weebly.com/bb-couplings.html

Mark

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here
anything