!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: W class tank  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Southerngooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24642
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: W class tank
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2018, 06:10:20 am »
I went for FUD so will try my usual range of superglues! Thanks for the response.

Online Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2018, 02:39:51 pm »
The W with broken steps being hacked to a K class hack using a 4MT chassis is in progress; the front end has been swapped with that from the N class body that is donating its chassis to the W; the bit that protrudes from the top front of the cylinder block needs to be shortened a bit so that the chassis can be as far forward in the body as possible for things to line up somewhere near correct; the rear bogie on the 4MT needs the wheelbase shortened to 6'/12mm, that should bring the rear wheels under the bunker rather than under the buffer beam!

A couple of minor mods to the body, the small window at the front of the cabside needs filling and the hole at the front bottom of the tanks also to be filled then make a small round hole for oiling access. Cut a piece of plastic same thickness as the tank side to fit the hole, a very thin piece plastic glued inside the tank when set put the cut to size piece in place then apply superglue; for the cab window similar thin plastick inside but use milliput to fill the hole.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Online Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2018, 05:35:41 pm »
Further progress the K is progressing but not much happening to the W as yet.

Tank side holes covered, found some bits of white metal left over from a previous hack, 2 pieces, one in each tank, fitted, should help tracion a bit.

There's not really a secure fixing point for the front screw so I've filled the boiler with pieces of plastic tube 3 pices of different diameters that fit inside each other, should be able to drill and tap to take the Farish screw.

I'm going to have a hunt through the glory boxes to see if I can find a 6' bogie not being at my normal work bench my attempt to drill new axle holes erred nearer 5' than 6', it'd probably run OK but looks daft. Somebody in a previous post suggested M7 bogie, that's closer at 6'6" but fitting it behind a 4MT chassis could be awkward.

The W now has a slot in the underside of the boiler to accomodate the chassis block.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here