what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Mott the Hoople, Linda Ronstadt, Gaga , Jamey Johnson
plus old croakey country singers like Skeeter Davis.

Also being a big fan of musical lampoons ,the
Leningrad Cowboys on Youtube.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Agrippa on November 06, 2012, 12:01:42 AM
Also being a big fan of musical lampoons ,the
Leningrad Cowboys on Youtube.

Awesome band, and quite incredible live.. although the film is very very weird and very Finnsh
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

weave

Hi all,

Never looked at this thread before. Have only seen the last 2 pages but thought the german folk band (Horch) were good. We have some German neighbours who drink as much as us and come round with potions from the fatherland every so often so I think some ' end of the night ' drunken folk dancing will be in order next time!

I've been listening to a lot of a spanish band called ' Ska P' (sort of ska and other stuff with a spanish difference). Today, am ill with man flu but was listening to a band called ' Mano Negra ' who seem to be made up of lots of nationalities. They sing in spanish, english and french.

I like the song ' malavida ' particularly. Will try and do link in a mo.

Cheers Weave

Caz

There are a couple of local Spanish radio stations here that often play Mano Negra tracks, real lively stuff.   For info, Mano Negra translates as Black Hand and Mala vida as Bad Life.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

MinZaPint

As another one from '44 I'm with you on that one ORB  8)
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

keerout

Song of Sandy Denny on BBC4!!   :thumbsup: best British singer/songwriter EVER I think  8)
G.

EtchedPixels

water dripping through the roof

:'( :'( :'(
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

keerout

:laughabovepost: Rooftime!  :rain: 
(no, serious, leaks in roofs need fixing fast! maybe something shifted in recent wind,  better have a look!)  :hmmm:
G.

d-a-n

Little Deuce Coupe album by The Beach Boys.
Plenty of standard Beach Boys songs about cars and girls, but not so much about surfing.
Coolest album artwork ever - the sooner I can get a decent quality 12" of it the better then I can scan and upscale it to make a poster...

longbridge

Quote from: d-a-n on November 10, 2012, 07:31:08 PM
Little Deuce Coupe album by The Beach Boys.
Plenty of standard Beach Boys songs about cars and girls, but not so much about surfing.
Coolest album artwork ever - the sooner I can get a decent quality 12" of it the better then I can scan and upscale it to make a poster...

Great taste in music Dan  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Chetcombe

The Cure - first band I ever saw back in 1976 before they even had a record contract. Saw them at Leeds Festival this year on my annual trip back to the UK and made an iTunes playlist of the set they played. Ahhh memories ;)
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

tutenkhamunsleeping

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations