Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dickydcc

I'm thinking about sending it to TMC, as they can get name plates made up.I was thinking of having it named in honour of my dad. Along with yellow warning panels, detailing & a bit of weathering. Happy to let you know how it works out though.

RailGooner

Dickydcc

Latest addition to Thetford Rd. My 1st with sound.

lil chris

Just bought this Deltic Prototype last week, Bought in the Merseyside Express set minus the controller and track. I have added another crimson Stanier coach to the set, really needs a few more crimson and creams.

another pic.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

belstone

I have wanted an Ivatt 4MT for ages, and was planning to build one using a Langley BR Standard 4MT kit as a base.  Today I went to the NGS Felixstowe mini-exhibition and look what I found:

Built to the same sort of standard as my various kitbashed efforts, separate wire handrails, nicely painted and weathered, on a late-production Crab chassis with fine blackened wheels, and not dear at £35.  It has suffered some minor handling damage but runs well now I have straightened out the valve gear, and just needs a small amount of fettling.  It also needs renumbering: I'm undecided between 43000 (a Carlisle engine in the early 1960s before seeing out its final days at North Blyth) and lifelong Carlisle resident 43139 (known by the shed staff as "Jezebel").

I wonder who built 43017, and how it ended up on a second-hand stall?  If anyone recognises the handiwork I would be interested to know its history. It has found a good home anyway.

Richard

Malcolm Hunt

This latest purchase has me a bit stumped. I was told at Ally Pally last weekend, that this conflat wagon is BR because its fleet number has a B prefix.
However, I know that the 'big four' provided home removal services. There again to this day there is a removal firm called LMS, and being in Carlisle puts them very much in pre-BR LMS territory.

Do I need to repaint this container and/or wagon to fit my early '60s era project?

https://peco-uk.com/products/lms-furniture-removals-conflat-with-container
How ironic that I choose N gauge after I start using reading glasses.
- Progression to prescription glasses has not dissuaded me either.

Bealman

I tend to think it's a Peco glitch. I believe the container belongs to the LMS, and therefore predates BR layouts. For that reason I don't have one on my layout.

Don't forget that not all Peco liveries are authentic, and the firm probably just plonked that on the wagon thinking people would turn a blind eye to the "B", or not even notice it at all.

I must admit I didn't, until I read your post!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Seeing as the Peco BR equivalent is code NR-22 I suspect that one is the LMS version but, as there is an existing business, why not use it?
You can buy separate BR containers if you want to replace them but them come as a pack of two - 1 x BR and 1 x LEP.

Malcolm Hunt

Thanks @Bealman and @Newportnobby.
I think a session with the Stripmagic and some paint is in order.
How ironic that I choose N gauge after I start using reading glasses.
- Progression to prescription glasses has not dissuaded me either.

paulprice

Look what the Domestic Overlord got for me in York  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have even started weathering them  :D

GScaleBruce

And something similar has arrived on Steinheim am Main, although quite what a rake of Stanier coaches is doing in Germany is not entirely clear:

Well, my Co-Bo ;) needs something to haul.
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

paulprice

Well another four Staniers have been added to the collection, thanks to Evilbay, all brand new but with slightly tatty (and I really slightly tatty) for £15 dabs each. At that price it would be rude not to buy them, well thats what I told the Domestic Overlord.

So two more Brake 3rds and two more 1/3 composites have already started to work through the paint shop :)

Chris Morris

From DCC supplies . Grade A, looks perfect and runs well. £121. Can't be bad.

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Newportnobby

It was following the TV programme 'Inter City 125 - The Train that saved British Railways' I decided I should indulge in such an iconic train so also raided Rails and with great advice from @njee20 added some coaches to the 4 car book set.
Nice buy :thumbsup:
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1330.msg508740#msg508740

chrism

Here are mine, locos and wagons - Johnson/Deeley 3F no.3777 arriving at  Coniston, https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43692.0, with the latest delivery of coal from Trumpton Colliery whilst Webb 18" Goods "Cauliflower" 8589 is in the loco headshunt.

Both locos were from Union Mills, the Trumpton PO wagons set from Robbies Rolling Stock.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations