For the many cat lovers on the forum......

Started by Newportnobby, June 06, 2018, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Hookey is the second rescue cat I've taken from my vet brother-in-law. The first one I named 'Tommy' but sadly the poor lad died from a heart attack after just 2 weeks.

I really wasn't sure I wanted to put myself through the wringer again but who could resist this boy Hookey)

My brother-in-law had had to sew up a huge wound under one of Hookey's front legs where he'd been fitted with a collar and, in desperation to get it off, had caught his leg under the collar and then ripped his 'armpit' trying to get his leg out. Even now, 7 years later, there is a ring under his neck where you can see he had a collar. I'll never put one on him, although Tommy wore a collar with a bell to let birds know he was in the neighbourhood.

Chetcombe

Here are our two - Nola and Luna - 2 American Shorthair sisters about 6 months old. They replaced a couple of geriatric old gents we lost last year  :(

Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Train Waiting

I've been away for a few days attending to two very elderly and unwell relatives in the Highlands.  It was wonderful to return to this uplifting thread.  And to Poppy who stayed at home.

Thank you very much for all these fabulous pictures.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

emjaybee

I've just been doing some housekeeping on my mobile, and found this photo of Penfold when he first arrived at ours from the BlueCross. This was before we realised what a destructive, disruptive herbert he was!

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

AndyRA

Ralph is a well 'trained' cat, he loves to be around when the trains are running.

Any A.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

emjaybee

The funniest thing (in my opinion) Penfold has done so far happened when he was about 6/7months old. The wife bent over in the lounge to pick something off the floor, Penfold shot out from behind the sofa and launched himself, all four sets of claws out and latched onto her ar*e.

You should've heard the scream.

I laughed so hard I nearly passed out.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Chetcombe

Quote from: emjaybee on June 10, 2018, 10:03:22 PM
I've just been doing some housekeeping on my mobile, and found this photo of Penfold when he first arrived at ours from the BlueCross. This was before we realised what a destructive, disruptive herbert he was!

With that face surely Penfold is not disruptive... watching The Walking Dead must have traumatized him :o
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Papyrus

Quote from: daffy on June 10, 2018, 03:32:54 PM
Quote from: Papyrus on June 10, 2018, 12:43:03 PM

This is Jasmine who we rehomed at about 2 years old and who was wary of people for a long time. She has never become a lap-cat, but she has become very affectionate over the years. We also have 3 dogs, all of whom arrived long after she did, and there is absolutely no doubt who is boss!

Cheers,

Chris

I'm not surprised she bosses the dogs Chris. It might be a trick of the perspective but somehow Jasmine looks like a giant cat! :o

Actually, she is quite a small cat. This picture gives a better idea of her size...

Cheers,

Chris

keithfre

We don't normally let the Big Boss out unsupervised, but he snuck out late last night and we only discovered he was missing this morning. Luckily he was hiding in a front garden round the corner and - for once - answered when my wife called him, after a few hours of fruitless searching. Panic over ;)

Papyrus

Quote from: keithfre on June 11, 2018, 04:05:32 PM
We don't normally let the Big Boss out unsupervised...

I hate to say this, but from personal experience you don't 'supervise' a Siamese. The best you can hope to do is negotiate with it...

Cheers,

Chris

Snowwolflair

This is Dexter and next to the Queen he is the most famous resident of Windsor.  Regularly seen sleeping in the windows of the shops of the high Street he has assumed the "Freedom of Windsor" and is always to be seen somewhere around town playing up to an adoring crowd of tourists.  He even has his own website and Facebook pages.

He is a Bengal Persian cross.

Newportnobby

Handsome looking cat. Has he got a partner going by the name 'Sinister'? ;)

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 11, 2018, 08:43:18 PM
Handsome looking cat. Has he got a partner going by the name 'Sinister'? ;)

Possibly in the castle  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations