The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Allan - I wouldn't have gone through all that trouble. I'd have got a builder in to make the floor 'male chicken' (changed by forum)-eyed so my freezer with one adjustable foot would stand level. Simples.

poliss

One adjustable foot should work fine, provided they used the correct ones on the other three.

findus

Quote from: newportnobby on July 13, 2011, 09:35:33 PM
Allan - I wouldn't have gone through all that trouble. I'd have got a builder in to make the floor 'male chicken' (changed by forum)-eyed so my freezer with one adjustable foot would stand level. Simples.

I agree this would have been a much better option  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

New freezer delivered Thursday morning complete with two leveling feet.

Let it stand all day for the refrigerant to settle and plugged it in at 7.00pm...nothing.We've got a brand new dead freezer.
More phone calls today. :thumbsdown:

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Bikeracer

Quote from: newportnobby on July 15, 2011, 09:38:51 AM
Hi Allan,

Not by any chance a Beko?

I think the wobbly one was a Beko,this one's an Amica.
The replacement for the replacement is now working.

I got really spitting blood angry with VirginMedia yesterday,still not sure what to do.

I thought there was a fault with my phone and phoned 151 which connects to Virgin.Regardless of which number I pressed in the recorded menu I still got to the same point.....in order to for them to help me I need to enter the first three letters of my password..huh.
Not only do I not have any idea what my password is after all these years of not needing one,but why a password requirement just to talk to someone.

Just another layer between customer and customer service.

Allan

Newportnobby

I have the same problem, especially with dimming memory. Banks etc always request I set up a password for access to various things and I have no need of them for years. Then, the one time you do need them, you're asked for the 1st,3rd and 5th letter of a password. All hell breaks loose when you can't remember them. I know in this age of rip offs etc we need passwords but heck, I would need an elephant's memory for all that goes on in my life. Grrrrr >:(

m1racleman

It is very unfortunate that security is such an issue, but I have my own method of remembering all my passswords.
Firstly I ensure that they are the maximum length allowed and make them a combination of letters and number i.e. 87nyt92kxz874gg
Then I encrypt this and save it in a secured folder hidden amongst my files. A copy of this encrypted folder is then itself encrypted and placed inside the system folder. Finally, I delete the original folder.
Having ensured that the passwords are now totally buried within my system and completely secure, I then write them all down on a post-it and stick it on the side of my monitor where I can find them with ease   ???  ???  ???

If anyone wants to steal my identity, they are more than welcome to it !!  Maybe they can pay my gas bill for me ??

Newportnobby

Strewth! Are you sure you're not James Bond, code name 00 something (can't remember the last bit) :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

poliss

Your Virgin password should be the same as your email password as far as I remember. When you log into the Virgin website there's a 'forgot my password' option.
I store most of my passwords in my head. I have to cycle through them at times to get the correct one. Id write one down on a piece of paper which I kept in my shirt pocket, but the missus washed it.

Newportnobby

Quote from: poliss on July 16, 2011, 01:25:01 PM

I store most of my passwords in my head. I have to cycle through them at times to get the correct one. Id write one down on a piece of paper which I kept in my shirt pocket, but the missus washed it.

Many passwords are to prevent money laundering. You go one better by laundering the passwords :o

EtchedPixels

Your Virgin password should be the same as your email password as far as I remember.

Sadly these days a lot them are 'letter blah of'. When they used to just ask for passwords I used to set a lot of them to accurately reflect my view of the management of the companies I was dealing with.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

Your Virgin password should be the same as your email password as far as I remember. When you log into the Virgin website there's a 'forgot my password' option.

I looked at that and the first requirement was my account number...back to square one.
I'll have to wait until the next notification that my phone bill is available to view and hopefully there'll be some information there I can use.

Next time I get a phone call from Virgin on one of their sales drives I'm going to ask them for their password and see how they like it. ;D

Allan

poliss

Try the Virgin help forums. They seem to be monitored by their techie staff. You don't need your virgin password to join.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Telephone/bd-p/Telephone

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations