Trainspotting

Started by FeelixTC, October 29, 2014, 12:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeelixTC

Must be me; I found it all a bit patronising.

...........mind, I am a picky bugg person!

Agrippa

Quote from: silly moo on October 30, 2014, 05:59:14 AM
I recently found a DVD set of the Trainspotting programmes here. I took a chance and bought it, I really don't think the programmes are that bad. The humour is a bit corny though.

I suppose it takes all sorts  :D  one thing that does drive me mad is some of the absolutely awful music featured on some railway DVDs.

If you want to see some beautifully shot footage of preserved railways look on YouTube for a contributor named pennysteam.

http://youtu.be/_UvO9i83XMs

Very nice quality of the video, one thing it showed was how trains are dwarfed by lineside trees, a point
discussed elsewhere on the forum. Strangely  scale height trees seem to look out of place on a layout.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

Yes, that is a paradox. You put real size trees on a model railway layout of any scale, and they seem hugely out of scale.

If you really want boring, try listening to a vinyl record entitled "Steam over Shap"  ;D :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

steve836

I rode behind an A4 on the North Yorkshire  line. I found it rather sad, a bit like seeing a Grand National winner giving rides on the beach at Blackpool if you see what I mean.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bealman

That's an interesting analogy!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

CarriageShed

Quote from: steve836 on October 30, 2014, 09:00:36 PM
I rode behind an A4 on the North Yorkshire  line. I found it rather sad, a bit like seeing a Grand National winner giving rides on the beach at Blackpool if you see what I mean.

At least it wasn't visiting the glue factory...

silly moo

I know what you mean about preserved railways, some of the engines never really get a good long run but least they are still moving, and in steam better than being displayed on a plinth in a museum. Some even get to venture on to the mainline.

:NGaugersRule:

steve836

I know and my head says at least they are being preserved as working engines but my heart still felt sad. Its especially so for B.R. standard types, they were hardly run in when the plug was pulled! :'(
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations