Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Quote from: railsquid on November 23, 2017, 03:09:23 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on November 22, 2017, 03:46:32 PM
I feel your pain, Squiddy.
My mother uses an iPad and I have shown her time after time how to strip all other addresses out but still she forwards any mails I send her to her friends with my mail address on display, and any I get from her always have every pensioners' mail addresses in the UK and beyond, I swear :doh:
I suppose I ought to be glad at her age she is using her tablet as well as taking them but it is most frustrating as, somewhere, she has a piece of paper where I wrote the process down.

On the plus side, I did persuade my parents to make the switch to Macs a while back, and since then I no longer spend any significant time fending off support requests and those I do get I have a reasonable chance of answering ("yes I do work in IT, but the last time I used Windows on a daily basis was when NT was still a thing").

Fortunately, mother never switches her PC on these days and contents herself with her ipad, which she royally screws up frequently, she has learned not to forward her 'funny' emails from her friends to me which is a blessing  ::)

stevewalker

I paid my first visit to Warley on Saturday and while there picked up a Dapol Britannia for £60 on the Dapol stand :) My first Dapol, as my other locos are Graham Farish.

I was unable to test it while there, as my train home was due. I got home and found it was faulty :( It is very noisy, grinds and rattles even more loudly every few seconds, appears to have a tight spot once per revolution and derails if the grinding happens while crossing points or even on curves in reverse.

Apparently common with these locos.

It is now on its way to DCC Supplies.

Not a good start to Dapol ownership!

Yet_Another

Just cancelled my preorder for the Graham Farish class 40 with sound. An emergency replacement alternator for the car has put paid to that. :'(
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

The Q

I used to have to sort out my parents computer as long my nephew's and nieces kept loading all sorts of carp on it. They are now old enough and sensible enough not to do that....now I have to sort out my great nephew's and nieces carp off the computer....

camelback

I would buy them an aquarium for their carp.

Jimbo

Surely there must be a carp park nearby?
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

daveg

Quote from: Jimbo on November 30, 2017, 02:46:57 PM
Surely there must be a carp park nearby?

I was pond-ering on that as well but I fear this topic is getting far too deep for me.

Dave G

daffy

:hmmm:

The mystery of the disappearing post? :uneasy:

I'm sure I had a notification of a lengthy one here in my email Inbox at 04:12pm but..............

Guess all this carping on has led us into the Twilight Zone.

Edit/update: checking my email boxes, seems post#913 in this thread has made an unexpected second appearance in my Inbox, two days after it's first notification.  Very strange :confused1: - but I shan't lose any sleep over it! :no:

:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

stevewalker

One day God calls down to Noah and says "Noah, I want you to make me a new Ark".
Noah replies, "No probs God, anything you want after all you're the boss".
But God interrupts, "Ah but there's a catch this time Noah, I want not just a couple of decks, ..... I want 20 decks one on top of the other".
"20 DECKS!", screams Noah, "Well, OK Big Man, whatever you say, should I fill it up with all the animals just like last time?"
"Yep, that's right, well ..... sort of right.......this time I want you to fill it up with fish" God answers.
"Fish?" Queries Noah.
"Yep, fish ... well, to make it more specific Noah, I want Carp, wall to wall, floor to ceiling - Carp!"
Noah looks to the skies, "OK God, let me get this right, you want a New Ark?"
"Check".
"With 20 decks, one on top of the other?".
"Check".
"And you want it full of Carp?".
"Check"
"But why?" asks the perplexed Noah, who was slowly but surely getting to the end of his tether.
"Well...." says God, "I just thought it would be nice to have a Multi-Storey Carp Ark"

woodbury22uk

Quote from: stevewalker on November 30, 2017, 10:32:54 PM
One day God calls down to Noah and says "Noah, I want you to make me a new Ark".
Noah replies, "No probs God, anything you want after all you're the boss".
But God interrupts, "Ah but there's a catch this time Noah, I want not just a couple of decks, ..... I want 20 decks one on top of the other".
"20 DECKS!", screams Noah, "Well, OK Big Man, whatever you say, should I fill it up with all the animals just like last time?"
"Yep, that's right, well ..... sort of right.......this time I want you to fill it up with fish" God answers.
"Fish?" Queries Noah.
"Yep, fish ... well, to make it more specific Noah, I want Carp, wall to wall, floor to ceiling - Carp!"
Noah looks to the skies, "OK God, let me get this right, you want a New Ark?"
"Check".
"With 20 decks, one on top of the other?".
"Check".
"And you want it full of Carp?".
"Check"
"But why?" asks the perplexed Noah, who was slowly but surely getting to the end of his tether.
"Well...." says God, "I just thought it would be nice to have a Multi-Storey Carp Ark"

The original one has been restored and is alive and well at the Chiswick House Lantern Festival.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

RailGooner

Woke this morning - hey, it is still, just, morning - to find a foot of snow outside! :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:

austinbob

Quote from: RailGooner on December 10, 2017, 11:31:37 AM
Woke this morning - hey, it is still, just, morning - to find a foot of snow outside! :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:
Hasn't reached us in North Hampshire yet.  :no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

At least the garden looks tidy at last.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Blue the cat is far from happy but Mr Robin has got his breakfast!

(grabbed shot through the kitchen window)

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations