The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottmitchell74

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try bending them up. Nothing.

I've finally been able to correspond with someone at Hatton's who have given me a straight answer. Seems I'll be sending it in for a refund, saying goodbye to it forever.

It was on preorder since May! Talk about a let down. (And I know many people waited much longer)
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

scottmitchell74

Lindi - I'll give that a look tomorrow. I'm at work (24 hours) today, and that will be my last-ditch effort to make it work.

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions/support!!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

If you really want that sound fitted class 40 I still reckon you should contact Farish and explain what has occurred (don't tell 'em you've pulled it apart too much). At least they might fix it for you, unlike Hattons.

themadhippy

BT the money grabbing  parasites,got me bill in today and
" your account  is £16.34 in credit,we need to increase monthly payment  because your using more than before.your new monthly payment will be £49.00  a month"
so hows that work then? my call charges are always around the same amount,my broadband and line rental package hasn't increased in price, time to change phone and broadband providers i thinks.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

Sound pretty usual for utility companies. When they do that to me and i think they're wrong, I just tell them not to increase the DD but leave as it was. Then when the next bill comes in I get a fairer idea of what the true situation is without them taking the money up front, as it were.
Less hassle than switching, unless you can find a better deal elsewhere. But I've yet to find any utility that doesn't hack me off every now and then, no matter how good their reviews.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

TrevL

Not so much angry but frustrated!

For almost 50 years, my feet have been size 6, and I've never had much trouble, until recently, finding adult shoes to fit.  Mens always started at 6.  However over the last couple of years, I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to find size 6 in mens shoes., unless I want to pay a fortune for them of course.  There are certain well known stores which don't even stock sixes, men's start at 7, kid's finish at 5.  Really starting to hack me off!
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

joe cassidy

I am also size 6 and throughout my life I have suffered from the same problem as you.

This evening I did manage to buy a nice pair of shoes in the sales but, as you say, they were still expensive.

Dr. Martens are available in size 6.

Best regards,

Joe

dannyboy

Have you thought of trying Shoe Zone?  I buy most of my shoes there and, whilst they are not always the best quality, they certainly have some good prices - in size 6! This is just one example -
https://www.shoezone.com/Products/US-Brass-Mens-Black-Smart-Lace-Up-Shoe-53092

They will post orders and if you sign up for their email, you get a fiver  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

You're right about the quality, I bought two different pairs from shoe zone beginning of December and both are now letting in the rain through the sole.  I take the beast in my avatar walking several miles a day rain or shine and I can't seem to find any with the longevity that that  needs.  Looks like I may have to spend a bit more if I can find some.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

austinbob

I'm afraid you get what you pay for IMHO. Over the years I've tried budget shoe shops and found their shoes last maybe a year or less and are not capable of being repaired.
So now me and misses buy our shoes mostly from Clarks or Hotter. They last for years, have good size selections (including widths) and can often be repaired.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

guest311

Quote from: TrevL on January 18, 2018, 07:37:49 PM
You're right about the quality, I bought two different pairs from shoe zone beginning of December and both are now letting in the rain through the sole.  I take the beast in my avatar walking several miles a day rain or shine and I can't seem to find any with the longevity that that  needs.  Looks like I may have to spend a bit more if I can find some.

not by any chance the 'Earthworks' boots, tend to split across the sole after about 5-6 months.

best boots I've found are Magnum, always used to buy them when I was working, lasted years and years.
you can get then in either normal lace-up high-leg, or normal lace-up ankle styles, and you can also get the high-leg lace-ups with a side zip, saves lacing up each time.

always went to the high-leg myself, preferred to 'blouse' my trouser legs, saved getting mud on them whenit was wet on patrol, and you could get away with it on nights :-)

David Asquith

I was a big fan of magnums when I was working.  Had them resoled twice.  You can also buy them in full leather or with mesh ventilation.  The high leg ones certainly saved my shins on a few occasions when wandering around in the dark.  Didn't help once whilst assisting transport an old fella who was being sectioned.  He kicked my shins above the boots ::)

Ian Bowden

My cars fan belt has snapped unfortunately it has taken the belt tension pulley with it. I have had to hire a van (cheaper than a car) while I wait for it to be fixed, the price of the van was cheap as the hire company are having a January sale and it is two weeks hire for the price of one. Only problem is the £750 excess on the insurance, I am terrified every time someone walks near it I will lose my money. They used to have a damage waiver charge but have now dropped this.

railsquid

Quote from: TrevL on January 18, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
Not so much angry but frustrated!

For almost 50 years, my feet have been size 6, and I've never had much trouble, until recently, finding adult shoes to fit.  Mens always started at 6.  However over the last couple of years, I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to find size 6 in mens shoes., unless I want to pay a fortune for them of course.  There are certain well known stores which don't even stock sixes, men's start at 7, kid's finish at 5.  Really starting to hack me off!

I feel your pain, I live in Japan where my feet are just beyond the upper limit of standard Japanese shoe sizes, but just below the main sizes stocked by the shops which specialize in freaky oversized (for Japan) feet.

Oddly my wife, who is Japanese, is in the same position...

pesky badger

No problem with shoes for me, but trousers....Try getting a pair of 30" waist 32" leg from the high street!! They all seem to start at 32" waist which is just too big for me.  I Even started to look in the kids section in one shop and their waist sizes were just as large as the adult sizes.  Ended up finding a pair of slim fit but the legs are so narrow I can't get my arms in, let alone thighs.

Oh well, just have to go out in a bin bag  :sorrysign:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations