Decals in N/2mm - 'Modern Era'

Started by ScottishModeller, January 20, 2021, 11:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishModeller

Hi all,

I've been a bit busy with the NGS decal range - it's an ongoing process due to the number of orders!

Hiwever, for my own modeling era I was looking at Tops Wagon panels.

I have some Fox ones and some NGS ones.

For the particuar wagon I am doing, the Fox ones appear too large - they don't fit in the area where the real ones do on the wagon.

So, try again - with the NGS ones this time. Still not looking correct.

Back to the beginning - must try harder!

Now I've taken a big step - I'll do my own.

What size should the real things be?

A quick measure on a wagon drawing and they appear to be 16" by 12".

Anyway, now that I think I hav the size right - I've started drawing....

More as I progress - hopefully.

Thanks
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

njee20

Worth checking your chosen prototype, they're definitely not always that size (supported by the Fox ones not fitting). I admit I don't have measurements, but these are a hell of a lot bigger than 12x16":

In fact that feels very small generally; 2x2.7mm in N - at that size I wouldn't worry about what it said! Which wagons?

Personally I just do them in PowerPoint as a table in a nice big size, save as an image and shrink appropriately. I don't know what font they are in real life, I find a nice clear font works well though as it improves legibility, which is absolutely borderline even on the larger ones I do.

GlenEglise

Quote from: njee20 on January 21, 2021, 01:23:02 PM
Worth checking your chosen prototype, they're definitely not always that size (supported by the Fox ones not fitting). I admit I don't have measurements, but these are a hell of a lot bigger than 12x16":

In fact that feels very small generally; 2x2.7mm in N - at that size I wouldn't worry about what it said! Which wagons?

Personally I just do them in PowerPoint as a table in a nice big size, save as an image and shrink appropriately. I don't know what font they are in real life, I find a nice clear font works well though as it improves legibility, which is absolutely borderline even on the larger ones I do.

I guess it all depends on which wagon panel you are looking at regarding the size. I am sure that they are not all a standard size.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations