Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirrlees

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 08, 2016, 12:19:47 PM

Re this:

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 13, 2016, 09:30:58 AM
Well this morning has been fun for the future Mrs Skyline...

Had a series of texts saying her Rover Mini has thrown up an oil warning light and "isn't well".

We have suspected gearbox is not long for this world and she is now concerned she has pushed her too far.

Booked in first thing tomorrow morning, so when the bill lands an entry into the angry thread may be happening.

I said all along old cars (especially those made by Rover with whatever was left in the factory in 2001) are a sure fire way to pain when used as every day transport.

Skyline2uk

£2200.00

:headbutt:

That is all

Skyline2uk

Ouch  :veryangry2:
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Skyline2uk

Thanks mate

Oh, and in case people are wondering why this is still on the "Unhappy thread" rather than the "Angry thread".....

I suppose I am not really angry.....just disappointed.....

As I shall demonstrate to the mini when it returns with a large branch from a nearby bush....a-la Basil!

Skyline2uk

Croxy

Ugggg.....hate those unplanned breakdowns so annoying...... I was on a motorcycle trip a few years ago and my Harley Davidson decided to self destruct in West Virginia.....needless to say the wife wasn't too happy about having to drive 8 hours to rescue me and then turn around and come back home.....then there was the repeat drive the following weekend to retrieve the bike......all because of a 1 dollar piece of plastic.......would have been 6,000 to repair.

.....needless to say I got rid of it and am back on a Honda now.......

There comes a time when you have to decide if it's really worth fixing.........don't want to throw good money after bad.....if the repair was more than the car is worth.....I'd cut my losses.......

Very frustrating for you.......  :sorrysign:

If you like it run it......

Papyrus

:help: My railway room's been trashed!  :uneasy:

We're having the kitchen rebuilt and the boiler relocated and everything is jammed into the two spare bedrooms and the loft. And, to add to the hilarity of nations, the pup's come into season!

There has been drink taken...

Cheers,

Chris

Croxy

Quote from: Papyrus on November 08, 2016, 02:42:15 PM

:help: My railway room's been trashed!  :uneasy:

We're having the kitchen rebuilt and the boiler relocated and everything is jammed into the two spare bedrooms and the loft. And, to add to the hilarity of nations, the pup's come into season!

There has been drink taken...

Cheers,

Chris

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

How annoying with all of those line obstructions......better get Network Rail crews in there to sort it out.........  :goggleeyes: :beers:
If you like it run it......

Webbo

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 08, 2016, 12:19:47 PM

I said all along old cars (especially those made by Rover with whatever was left in the factory in 2001) are a sure fire way to pain when used as every day transport.

Skyline2uk

Not all old cars are a sure fire way to pain. My dear 1997 Mitsubishi has just passed 300,000 km and is still running strongly. Over the years repair costs have almost all been restricted to wear-out items like brake linings, tyres, muffler, clutch, battery etc,. She doesn't have any of the modern gizmos like Blue Dentures, but she can still pick up her skirts and go. Good for carrying dogs and depreciation is zero. As I type this, I'm touching wood.

Webbo

railsquid

Fnaargh, a week off work and I end up with a stubborn will-sapping cold leaving me barely able to contemplate running the odd train, let alone any actual modelling. On the plus side I seem to have hallucinated my way to a modified track plan, which - if it is doable - will remove the unsatisfactory bits of the current design. Purists will still hyperventilate at the implausible juxtapositions but it works for me.  :angel:

Newportnobby

Hope you feel better soon, Squiddy. That's if you want to feel better or keep enjoying the hallucinations :laugh3:

joe cassidy

Free hallucinations !

That's not to be "sneezed" at. :D

Get well soon.

Joe

dannyboy

Quote from: railsquid on November 10, 2016, 02:23:40 PM
  Purists will still hyperventilate at the implausible juxtapositions but it works for me.

As long as it works for you, let the other hyperventilate at your implausible juxtapositions  :thumbsup:.  Hope the hallucinations are of the nice kind!  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

DELETED

Very minor thing in the grand scale of things but I am annoyed with myself:

A while back I convinced myself (sucsessfully) NOT to buy any railway magazine which chooses to include and wrap junk mail inside a sealed plastic bag.  Today I broke that rule buying latest Hornby hermetically sealed magazine again :doh:
Second -I like Hornby Magazine but while one of the great contributors is an exceptional modeller and a great contributor to the magazine including his Ngauge works -I cannot stand anything to do with him as he's mixed political views with his hobby on his own website. He's only about 12 miles from me which is unusual to find in the Highlands around Inverness! But such a shame we are a million miles apart.  Ignorance would have been bliss which is why we should never be allowed to bring national politics into hobbies!!

daffy

Feeling depressed after yet another sleepless night the good lady and I went to the seaside fours days ago for a short walk and some Pie'n'Chips.
That cheered me up. :thumbsup:

Today a letter arrived to celebrate our journey to the sea. A nice little missive from my good friends at the Lincolnshire Police Traffic Process Unit. Something about photographic evidence and a 30 mph limit.  :doh:

Now I'm even more cheerful.  :(

Better buy another model train. :D

That'll restore the balance. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

Despite my best laid plans it seems I will be unable to attend my first Warley show this weekend due to very poor health of late.

Still, I wish everyone, exhibitors and visitors alike, a successful show - and don't spend too much! :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Hope it is nowt too serious Mike and that you soon improve. And never mind missing Warley - think of the money you have saved!  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Quote from: dannyboy on November 25, 2016, 07:06:55 PM
Hope it is nowt too serious Mike and that you soon improve. And never mind missing Warley - think of the money you have saved!  :beers:

Many thanks is David, I've had a long term illness for over 25 years but the current sapper of my strength is late-onset asthma that began in May after serious bronchitis and is yet to stabilise.  Getting there though, albeit haltingly slowly.

But as to saving money....... unfortunately this iPad on my lap is connected to some mysterious force that channels various packages directly to my door! ;). Three are due any day now. :D

:beers: - -and maybe a glass or two of Cuba's finest with lime and Coke. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations