Official NGF Wagon Tour Participant List and Rules - 2011

Started by Tank, January 28, 2011, 08:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

Quote from: Chris on November 24, 2011, 10:58:08 PM
Cracking photos Mark, and I see you have a wealth of blue-grey stock there so my old Mk1 restaurant should feel quite at home there!

Yes, it's coming to a good home!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Mustermark

The NGF Wagon Tour is on the move again.

Today I entrusted the precious cargo to the United States Postal Service bound for Scotland. Alex Crawford is up next.  Hoping I have missed the Xmas post, it should arrive in about 10 days.

Mark.

Alex

Mustermark

Mirrlees

I have been asked to request the wagons again as there seems to be some layouts I missed ! LOL

:NGFWagonTour: :NGFWagonTour:
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Alex

Quote from: Mustermark on November 28, 2011, 05:40:32 PM
The NGF Wagon Tour is on the move again.

Today I entrusted the precious cargo to the United States Postal Service bound for Scotland. Alex Crawford is up next.  Hoping I have missed the Xmas post, it should arrive in about 10 days.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

The wagons arrived today bang on time safe and sound. Excellent packaging by the way. I'll give them a run around the layout at the weekend and get some photos posted on Sunday.

Alex

Mustermark

Thanks for letting me know - I can breathe again.  Precious cargo.

Looking forward to the pics  :thumbsup: :camera:

Alex

Hi,

The wagons had a run around both layouts today. Quite cold conditions and my camera started playing up but I got some piccies. :thumbsup:

First off my Consolidation got the ball running by taking them through Snake Pass over the low bridge and in behind the stock pens before disappearing into the tunnel.

My Class 27 muscled in and took them around the lower layout but this is when my camera started to play up so only one piccy of this.

My Black 5 then took them around the upper road.

Finally a couple of shots of the wagons in the sidings

Alex

Chris

Nice shots Alex. Looking forward to their return to Old Warren now that the layout is not mid-transformation.

Tank

Great photos Alex.  And how many bridges have you got on your layout?!  Loads!  :D

Alex

Hi Tank.

Thanks. There are 6 bridges at the moment, although two of them just consist of pieces of MDF as I haven't got around to building proper ones yet. :wave:

Alex

Chris

Well it was nice to welcome the wagons back to Old Warren TMD this afternoon! I have put together a video which is currently uploading to YouTube to advertise this tour & the forum itself.

To celebrate the visit, the staff at Old Warren TMD organised an open day. The previous night, 37218 and 37069 were observed hauling the wagons in top & tail formation, arriving at the Old Warren headshunt late in the evening. 37069 is seen leading the formation into the depot.

37069 was then detached so that 37218 could then shunt the wagons to the display point:

37069 was then manouvred into position in front of 37218:

Next day saw the open day, with West Coast Railways putting on a shuttle service from nearby Old Warren and Kingswood, comprising 3 of WCRC's pullman coaches and 57601. Not seen is the temporary platform:

Plenty of locos to be seen at the open day. These photos were taken before the crowds arrived:

But there was no doubt as the real stars of the show!

After the open day, the wagons went off to another nearby location, before finally setting off for the docks, bound for Yosemite Valley Railroad. 66566 took the wagons as part of the 4E67 working to Southampton.

Another successful event, and one that no doubt should raise the profile of the N Gauge Forum that bit further.

I'll pop a link to the video once the upload is complete.

Tank

Chris

Fratton

cracking video loved the sounds they blended in nicely,,,,,,,,
Charlie.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%