Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Quote from: daffy on April 14, 2018, 06:24:33 PM
Senior moment, RG?  :hmmm:

But nice all the same! :thumbsup:

Similar thing happens in our house every now and then, though it's more of a case of my wife finding some loco or wagon she didn't remember me buying. :worried:

You do have to keep rotating the box contents  :D

Skyline2uk

Similar thing happens in our house every now and then, though it's more of a case of my wife finding some loco or wagon she didn't remember me buying. :worried:

:laughabovepost:

Actual conversation in my house:

"Is that grey one new"
"What grey one? Most of them are grey?"
"That little one there (08)..."
"No, had that years (silently relieved she wasn't pointing at the new Queen Mary behind it)"

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 09, 2018, 12:07:40 PM
Having reported in the Angry Thread some shabby dealings with Evans Halshaw last Friday morning.......
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=659.msg501662#msg501662

I went down there this morning prepared to do battle with the Workshop Manager (aka the Enemy at Evans Halshaw) but was intercepted by a young chap who enquired what my issue was. He thought he knew a simple 'reset' but it didn't work so he said he'd book the car in, that it was certainly a warranty issue and there would be no charges whatsoever. He got the car booked in a week earlier than the chap last Friday could and they will be collecting/redelivering it at no cost (evidently standard practice for warranty issues if desired by the owner).
A completely different and refreshing attitude to the  :censored: I dealt with before.
I'm a happy bunny :)

Ok, so they collected the car at 09.30 this morning and have just brought it back but have told me the window worked just fine and they could not find a fault :doh: ???
I had to tell the guy it was his own Service Advisor who tested the window and it didn't work and 'twas him who booked it in.
Still, there's no charge. The car got a free health check and valet. I'm happy.
Mind you, they didn't make a good job of cleaning the front alloys. D'you think I should take it back to them? :angel:

RailGooner

Not finding what I went to look for (and still can't find,) is an ever more common senior moment Mike. :worried: Forgetting that I'd bought 'Lord Hinton' is more a case of a decade when I had more disposable income than sense. :D!

Papyrus

Perfect 23° today so we took the dogs for a walk (and a splash in a muddy pool...) in Ashdown Forest followed by a delicious meal in the beer garden of the Gallipot Inn in Hartfield.  :beers:   Aaaaah, bliss...!  :) :) :)

And I get to do a bit of work on the layout this evening.  :claphappy:

Cheers,

Chris

violets49

Hartfield and Ashdown forest. (AKA The hundred aker wood) Lovely part of the world! :)

TrevL

Quote from: Papyrus on April 18, 2018, 06:22:54 PM
Perfect 23° today so we took the dogs for a walk (and a splash in a muddy pool...) in Ashdown Forest followed by a delicious meal in the beer garden of the Gallipot Inn in Hartfield.  :beers:   Aaaaah, bliss...!  :) :) :)

And I get to do a bit of work on the layout this evening.  :claphappy:

Cheers,

Chris

Really glad you had a great day.
However, a word of caution, a case of Alabama foot rot was confirmed in Lewes, which is less than 20 miles away.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

TrevL

After a month of worrying my self sick after the doc finding blood in my urine, got the ok today after a shuftyscope up the whatsit and an ultrasound of bladder and kidneys.. Back in the shed tomorrow, yeehaa!
Cheers, Trev.

dannyboy

That's excellent news Trev.   :thumbsup: After having similar problems 3 or 4 years ago and following numerous biopsies, scans etc., it was nice to be told 18 months or so ago, that, as far as the Doc's could tell, there was nothing to worry about.  I might have to get the single malt out now to celebrate with/for you!  :beers:

I make no apologies for repeating my advice to forum members at the time - any man over the age of about 40 should ask their GP for a PSA, (prostate specific antigen), test. A 'wrong' result does not mean there is something wrong.  :no:. But if there is anything amiss, the sooner it is found the better.

@TrevL
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Quote from: TrevL on April 18, 2018, 08:12:21 PM
After a month of worrying my self sick after the doc finding blood in my urine, got the ok today after a shuftyscope up the whatsit and an ultrasound of bladder and kidneys.. Back in the shed tomorrow, yeehaa!

Great news! However, I read a while ago that the tests they are using these days are a lot more sensitive and are coming up positive for blood in urine for lots of people who actually have no problem. It may well be the case that it is fairly common, but wasn't detectable at the low levels of most people before.

TrevL

I guess that's probably true, but better safe than sorry..
Over the last several years I've had a few "bladder infections". Twice treated with antibiotics, and sometimes self treated with cranburry juice successfully.  This time the cranberry didn't work, saw the doc, antibiotics again for the third time, and had to give a sample , and this time red blood cells found, twice, a week apart.  That's when I got refered to urology.
I know the NHS has a few problems, but this has all been sorted in a month and can only sincerely thank them for the "service" I have received in such a timely manner. 
Cheers, Trev.

DaveGlew

Glad you are all clear. I had the same inspections last year with "nowt to worry about" results. Apparently such traces are common once you get to around 50 but initial tests are more accurate and GPs are becoming uber cautious and referring "just in case"
If it looks right and it works then I'm happy.

Bob Tidbury

My eldest son popped in today ,and he came down to see my Poppylino and while here he has sorted out my Facebook Messenger problem so hopefully things will stay back to normal now .
I'm happy again .
Bob Tidbury

Malc

I got referred to the urologist who decided to look inside. I thought they would use a fibre optic camera, but I think they used a bit of 1/2" gas pipe with a threaded end. Fortunately all OK, but they still don't know why I keep getting infections. Now on a prophylactic dose of antibiotics l
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: Malc on April 19, 2018, 06:32:02 PM
I think they used a bit of 1/2" gas pipe with a threaded end.

It would appear that the tools used are directly proportional to the hole being investigated - the bigger the hole, the bigger the instrument, (and I know  :'().  But please do not let that put you off gents, it's not that bad really..................honest.  :)

Glad things are ok with you Malc.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations