Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

A brilliant set of advert's. And congratulations Q on the 'promotion'.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

The Q

I remember those adverts first time round. Thanks for the congratulations. It was unexpected, it's extremely unusual to be promoted here without a vchange to you actual job. I was previously lumped in with all the other Calibration technicians, who 99% of the time run automatic or semi automatic programmes. Whereas I measure mostly manually fill in spreadsheets make graphs and assess the results.  I do  make my own spreedsheets , write computer programmes,  before the Boss checks the maths. Everyone cross checks everyone elses work as we can't afford a mistake to get through..

I already have the degree and did have when I joined, In fact I was at the time the most qualified educationally in the department, even more than my boss and his deputy, This is why I was recruited. We now have a reasonabley new,  deputy boss of section who does out do me in educational level and he was inserted into place ready to take over, in six years time when the Boss retires (he, the Boss, is six months younger than me).

The 'ologist, is a title, and the oddity in this section is you go from Technician to 'ologist without going via engineer...

Chris in Prague

Quote from: newportnobby on March 18, 2018, 02:13:29 PM
@Chris in Prague
I'd just like to thank CiP for sponsoring John McPhee in the Moto3 class of MotoGP :thumbsup:

https://johnmcphee.co.uk

Ho! Ho! Ho! If I sponsored anyone or anything it would be something very different.

daffy

Just had the pleasure of seeing an almost white Sparrow in my front garden. Never seen one before and this one was only a few feet from me. Sadly he/she and pals soon flew off before I could take a photo, but this image off the www is a good likeness of the little bird:

I noted it didn't have the albinistic trait of pink eyes, so looked it up on Google - its white condition is known as leucism. Details for those interested here:

https://www.britishbirdlovers.co.uk/galleries/leucistic-and-albino-birds
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Yet_Another

I've just finished wiring up the twelve servos on my first layout module. Plugged in the auxiliary 15V supply, fired up the DCC, and each point has worked! All on their correct address, switching away like good 'uns  :beers:

Still got to do the track power yet, but palpable progress. I'm happy  :thumbsup:
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Caz

Quote from: Yet_Another on March 21, 2018, 11:14:21 PM
I've just finished wiring up the twelve servos on my first layout module. Plugged in the auxiliary 15V supply, fired up the DCC, and each point has worked! All on their correct address, switching away like good 'uns  :beers:

You could find yourself in high demand with that much success.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Yet_Another

Ah, you haven't seen the pictures yet  :goggleeyes:  :D  ;)
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Skyline2uk

Having a nice Birthday, not in work until Tuesday, curry tonight.

Oh, and this is now a thing:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40941.new#new

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

Hope the birthday is going well.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Chris in Prague

Quote from: port perran on March 28, 2018, 07:34:14 PM
Happy Birthday

Seconded! The planned new layout looks very interesting.

RailGooner

Happy Birthday Skyline2uk! :toot: Hope your curry is as tasty has my chinese was. :beers:

Delboy

BT finally resolved my broadband speed problem.
For ages I have been asking them why I am paying for up to 56Mb/s and only receiving 27Mb/s.
Twice I have had engineers out and they could not pin-point the fault.
The last one suggested it may be a problem with my modem as he was able to register that I was receiving 42 Mb/s just outside the property. I took receipt of a brand new modem but it made no difference. So once again I contacted them to complain. 3 days later I received a text saying "Sorry for the problem, which had now been resolved." Wonderful I am now getting 41Mb/s at the modem and am very pleased. Sometimes you need to keep hounding companies to get results.
The only downside is that months ago they offered me BT TV for an extra £11 per month but said I could not have Ultra HD box as my signal was not quite good enough (27Mb/s). I think in a few days time providing I am still getting 41Mb/s I will request they send me the UHD box and allow me to swap out the HD one. :bounce:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

JBQFC

today i finally finished by back log of RTR rolling stock work after my ill health
pleased to say the colitis is behaving its self
now i can get back to work on the layout and maybe even have a look in the kit draw

John

The Q

We Have Gas (lpg) having run out of last friday they turned up at 15:00 yesterday (Thursday to refill)... Heat warmth and hot water Yippeeeee!!!! :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations