Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonHarbour

Whilst clearing away the gear I was using for painting a couple of building kits today, I came across an anonymous looking plastic bag which I found contained nearly $300 worth of Farish wagons that I bought from my local model shop in Western Sydney over a year ago that I had completely forgotten I had 'acquired'! :claphappy:

I suspect I had put it away to avoid 'the boss' knowing...  :angel:
Still planning a layout...

Bealman

It is indeed Christmas!!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

I wondered what on earth was going on I thought there was going to be a food delivery strike the way people were stacking up their trolleys when I popped out to get bread and milk.
Now thanks to you Bealman I know.HAHA HA
Have a nice Christmas and New Year get the BBQ ready for Sunday's Dinner .
Cheers
Bob

daffy

I may be a bit premature in posting this, but it does seem from the eerie quiet of my Inbox that at last the deluge of emails dedicated to informing me of this and that wonderful deal for Christmas has finally come to an end.

However, it will be but a moment before I am bombarded with emails dedicated to informing me of this and that wonderful deal for things I bought following the aforementioned deluge - but now available at a reduced price!

Ah well, when life returns to normal in a week or two from now I can savour the delights of a flood of emails dedicated to informing me of this and that wonderful deal for holidays, DIY projects, and new furniture.

Happy days.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Quote from: daffy on December 23, 2016, 08:40:11 PM
I may be a bit premature in posting this, but it does seem from the eerie quiet of my Inbox that at last the deluge of emails dedicated to informing me of this and that wonderful deal for Christmas has finally come to an end.

However, it will be but a moment before I am bombarded with emails dedicated to informing me of this and that wonderful deal for things I bought following the aforementioned deluge - but now available at a reduced price!

Ah well, when life returns to normal in a week or two from now I can savour the delights of a flood of emails dedicated to informing me of this and that wonderful deal for holidays, DIY projects, and new furniture.

Happy days.
Easter is coming too  :D
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Sprintex

Don't forget the deluge of e-mails begging you to "post a review" of everything you've bought in the last month ::)

There was a time when you were deemed to be a satisfied customer UNLESS you made a complaint. Now it seems you're supposed to waste your time and energy saying how wonderful said product/company is to the whole world  :unimpressed:

Paul

jonclox

:D Just spent a few hours ripping bthe inses out of my old laptop and fitting it out with a 2016 brand new hard drive and updating OS etc etc.
Seems to be working a treat instead of chugging its 2009 steam hardware around  :claphappy:
Only needed eldest son to help for a few minutes to install the old favorites list
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Glad it's sorted, John.
I, for one, am happy to have been spam free for the last 10 days or so but no doubt come maybe 3rd Jan it'll all start up again ::)

daffy

Quote from: newportnobby on December 30, 2016, 07:39:15 PM
Glad it's sorted, John.
I, for one, am happy to have been spam free for the last 10 days or so but no doubt come maybe 3rd Jan it'll all start up again ::)

I'll be sure to post you a tin by Special Delivery on the 2nd, Mick. :D

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on December 30, 2016, 07:48:10 PM
Glad it's sorted, John.

I'll be sure to post you a tin by Special Delivery on the 2nd, Mick. :D

I think I'll stick with the corned beef, thanks, as it makes a better hash. There again, I make a hash of everything I cook ::) :-[

dannyboy

:laughabovepost: You can't beat a proper corned beef hash! 'Irish' corned beef is not like 'proper' corned beef - it is more smoother, probably been 'corned' more.  ??? You can buy the likes of Fray Bentos, but like quite a few foodstuffs, it is expensive in the Republic. Fortunately we get up into Northern Ireland a couple of times a month to Asda, (other supermarkets and brands of corned beef are available!), so we can stock up. And as we are, (well I am), talking about Northern Ireland and this is the Happy Thread, we are going tomorrow and I have a voucher for the model shop  :claphappy:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

paulprice

Quote from: dannyboy on December 30, 2016, 08:29:55 PM
:laughabovepost: You can't beat a proper corned beef hash! 'Irish' corned beef is not like 'proper' corned beef - it is more smoother, probably been 'corned' more.  ??? You can buy the likes of Fray Bentos, but like quite a few foodstuffs, it is expensive in the Republic. Fortunately we get up into Northern Ireland a couple of times a month to Asda, (other supermarkets and brands of corned beef are available!), so we can stock up. And as we are, (well I am), talking about Northern Ireland and this is the Happy Thread, we are going tomorrow and I have a voucher for the model shop  :claphappy:
with mushy peas?

dannyboy

Noooooo! The voucher will turn green and go soggy  :D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

jonclox

Glad it's sorted, John.
I prefer corned beef to spam always
PS the nuw setup still cant spel  ::)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

grumbeast

OK, don't normally do this sort of thing, but wanted to mention how awesome my wife is

We are moving back to Canada this spring (hopefully not later), and for my Birthday (which is later in Jan) she has booked me to take the Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express behind Leander!!!!  Its unlikely we'll ever return to the UK (it'll just cost too much from BC) and so she wanted me to have a last UK railtrip and do it in style :) :)

She is the best

G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations