Official NGF Wagon Tour Participant List and Rules - 2011

Started by Tank, January 28, 2011, 08:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haeckmaen

Hi,

with the meeting having come to a successful end yesterday, it's now time to show what happened to our special guests from Britain. First, apologies for not having managed to take pics of them on every single modular section of the layouts shown last weekend, but I'm in good hope some additions from other forum members around here may take place ;)

The wagons made their first trip on the Epoche 5 continental layout of a mainly Frankfurt based group dedicated to modelling current industrial traffic in N gauge. The wagons were quite a good fit all around the layout.

Following this expedition, they were put where they actually belonged and transferred to the British modular layout. This mainly consisted of forum member McRuss, mine and another fellow modeller's sections, set together into one Y-shaped and timetable operated layout. This meant the forum wagons making a rather long trip from Scotland to Penzance via a Cambrian Coast based motive power depot and its sidings several times.

I hope you like the pics and many thanks to all who made it possible to have the wagons on show.

Wagons will be shipped back to Britain tomorrow with SteamerDave awaiting them, so the tour is hopefully not going to be delayed too much by the detour to Germany :wave:

Matthias

Chris

Lawrence

Great pictures and a smashing layout, can we expect an influx of your countrymen to the forum now

MacRat

Quote from: Lawrence on July 25, 2011, 07:57:03 PM
....can we expect an influx of your countrymen to the forum now
Well, those of us who are interested in british railways are mostly here already, I think.

I checked my photos but I didn't manage to take a single picture of the NGF containers, although I had them in one of my trains. I've posted my pictures over in the other thread http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=846.msg14952#msg14952

McRuss

Here are some pictures of the wagons, I made during our meeting.

A short goods train at Borve

The Fiddle Yard

The Wagontour container wagons on the continent

Markus

Tank

Great pictures, and a great layout(s)!  Is this a club layout, or your own?

McRuss

Hello Tank,

the modules are owned by the individuals. Most of us are member of FREMO, but the modules are not owned by FREMO.

Markus

haeckmaen

Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2011, 03:38:12 PM
Great pictures, and a great layout(s)!  Is this a club layout, or your own?

Hi Chris, and hi Markus,
maybe we should explain this since I guess not everyone around here entering the wagon tour thread may be familiar what this Fremo stuff is about. The modular sections the wagons are shown on all belong, as McRuss mentioned, to individual modellers and are genuinely intended not only to be run at each ones home but in meetings with other fellow modellers. For example, the Epoch 5 continental industrial sections belong to about five different members, whilst the British based sections are owned by three persons, McRuss, me, and a third fellow who is responsible for some great sections such als the small Scottish halt ("Earlish") and the steel girder bridge pictured above. However, it is to admit that the very most modules are actually in the hands of McRuss who can form an exhibition layout on his own.

If anyone interested the construction of such modular sections is described here on the forum for example:
Here: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=846.0
and there: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=438.45

Both Fremo modellers dedicated to continental and British railways in Germany are unified by the idea of building their layouts to certain standardized changeovers so they can be combined mostly however this is desired. And this, combined with the idea of timetable based operation, is what Fremo is all about. It's fun  :D

Matthias

haeckmaen

The  :NGFWagonTour: :NGFWagonTour: started their way back to Britain about an hour ago at the Deutsche Post DHL office so hopefully they'll arrive at steamerdave's soon and well. Bye bye :wave:

Matthias  

steamerdave

Thanks Mathias, great pictures on a great layout, I would love the room to do something like that, so they are travelling back to the UK with DHL, better not have my uniform on when they turn up as I am a UPS employee!!!!

steamerdave

Well they arrived this morning, DHL took great care in getting them back to the UK, great looking models though It will be the weekend before I get time for photos

Roll on the weekend!! 

steamerdave

Well its been a real pleasure to have these wagons, they made me see another dimension in my layout. Sorry the pics are a bit late but while decorating the staircase I managed to miss a step on a ladder and fall down the stairs finishing up rather battered, bruised and very stiff, back up and about now.

Will be sending these on to Porkie as soon as he gives me his details
Regards Dave

findus

Great pictures, love the church and the funeral thats taking place  :smiley-laughing:

hope its not for anybody we all know  :-\

porkie

Great pics people....

Looking forward to their arrival.
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66