Another New Model from Scalescenes.

Started by Oldman, June 01, 2012, 10:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinahand

Quote from: Fratton on June 02, 2012, 01:47:55 PM
i use rocket card glue of uhu for my scalescenes stuff works for me,,,,,

The only problem I find with UHU is the way it tends to 'string'. I just use ordinary PVA (slightly diluted) applied with a fine brush.

I think the Scalescenes kits are much better than the Metcalfe ones, not least because there are no exposed edges at the corners of buildings. Here's one a made earlier.

Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Malc

Quote from: Chinahand on June 02, 2012, 02:16:19 PM

The only problem I find with UHU is the way it tends to 'string'.

I use PVA for lots of things, but not tried it on card kits. Thanks for the tip.
I did find a UHU gel adhesive. Looks like the ordinary yellow tube, but is specially formulated not to string. Works well enough. A quick tip for card builders - I purloined a couple of wooden clothes pegs from the wife's washing line to use as clamps when glueing up.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Chinahand on June 02, 2012, 02:16:19 PM

The only problem I find with UHU is the way it tends to 'string'. I just use ordinary PVA (slightly diluted) applied with a fine brush.

I think the Scalescenes kits are much better than the Metcalfe ones, not least because there are no exposed edges at the corners of buildings. Here's one a made earlier.

That is one very nice model :thumbsup:

Chinahand

Thanks Nobby. It's an extended version of the Scalscenes large station and there are still a few bits and pieces to add to it yet. Etched brass clock faces and weather vane plus white metal chimney pots. It's destined to be Havering Station on the new layout.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Bikeracer

Hi Trevor,

Nice to see the red brick version,I'm just doing the large canopy double length and haven't decided on an actual station building yet.Your version looks like it might fit the bill though.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations