Possible delivery delays via DHL from Germany?

Started by daffy, December 11, 2017, 01:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Received a shipping advice email today from a retailer in Germany. In it was this comment:

QuoteWe ask for observation: z.Zt. DHL has been overloaded by various circumstances, some of which you have been able to extract from the media. If your package is not forwarded immediately, please be patient - it is not up to us!

This is probably linked to the threat DHL received on 4th or 5th December with parcel bombs demanding money from them, but I'm just guessing.

Just though I'd post the detail for any of you awaiting parcels through DHL Germany. I'll update this when the parcel arrives, which probably will be delivered just as quickly as usual, that is, about three days.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

njee20

I got something last Tuesday, having ordered the preceding Friday. Can't complain. I expect all couriers to be a little slow at this time of year.

daffy

DHL delivery today at about 3:00pm, fully tracked en route, so no problems.

I have a second delivery from another German supplier ordered on the 12th - one day later than this one - that has taken a different DHL route.

The first supplier has used DHL throughout and parcel seems to have gone through to Gatwick (therefore airfreight? :hmmm: ). Second uses DHL in Germany and then passes to UKMail. Tracked okay in Germany but once in UK UKMail are the carrier. As far as I can tell from previous experience, and with this one so far, the consignment/tracking number changes with the carrier, so tracking is not so straightforward. Nevertheless, I expect to receive the parcel tomorrow.

All in all, no problems, and no sign of holdups due to terrorists or the Christmas buying spree.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations