In praise of Royal Mail International

Started by woodbury22uk, December 09, 2017, 02:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Quote from: The Q on December 10, 2017, 07:15:17 AM
Quote from: daffy on December 10, 2017, 01:57:26 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on December 09, 2017, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 09, 2017, 10:00:45 PM
Sometimes RM are good and sometimes otherwise. I do object to all my post (apart from greetings cards and even they're not immune at times) being folded unnecessarily in half to get it through a standard size letter box. On occasion I find 'signed for' items on my inner doormat that I haven't signed for which I report to the sender.
I do think, however, it's time RM paid for long trousers for the posties in this weather :cold:
The poor sods are still wearing shorts, although there is some sort of macho thing going on in Lancashire I have noticed whereby, as soon as the temperature strays over zero degrees, the men get their legs out. :confused2:

I am reliably informed from our local posty (regular letters man not parcel man) that the reason for the shorts is that they are more confortable in wet weather. Wet legs are more favourable and warmer than wet trousers which are uncomfortable and colder when the wind blows!

:hmmm:

I believe it can get very cold around the Trossachs this time of year.  :worried:

Is that why I'll be wearing one of my kilts to the MRC Christmas dinner on Saturday?

Only you can answer that question.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

The Q

I ordered From Amazon, A flourescent jacket for our dog
(mostly black dog at night where the Hxxl has he gone again..)?

That was Saturday afternoon about 16:00,
it was delivered before 13:30 Sunday afternoon..

they'll beam it in soon...

emjaybee

Quote from: Lindi on December 09, 2017, 05:33:11 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on December 09, 2017, 04:52:09 PM
I'm very happy for you. I sadly don't share your sentiments. Having lived in this property for 15 years, I am currently waiting for a redelivery from Royal Snail. For the last 8 days they have been "attempting" to deliver a parcel to me. The three previous attempts have seen no card through the door, and the tracking says "unable to locate property". DPD, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Yodel, Hermes, Tuffnells, TNT, and approximately three independent couriers have all managed to find this property in the last year, but apparently the location mystified the lazy, feckless slackers at the longest existing UK delivery company.

Answers on a postcard please. Oh, and don't get me started on ParcelFarce.

:veryangry:

If you find out that it was wrongly/incorrectly addressed (Royal Mail can only deliver to the address on the letter/packet) maybe you would like to apologise on here for the names you have just called them.

I finally have my parcel. Correctly addressed.

'Nuf said.

:headbutt:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30