Doesn’t time fly

Started by woodbury22uk, October 19, 2017, 01:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

Got a surprise today in the post. Turns out that I had been a member of a club for 50 years. They sent me a rather nice gold looking pen, a gold coloured badge, and told me my subscription is frozen at its current level for life.

Seems like only yesterday when I was elected to membership. Nice gesture I thought.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

austinbob

Quote from: woodbury22uk on October 19, 2017, 01:51:57 PM
Got a surprise today in the post. Turns out that I had been a member of a club for 50 years. They sent me a rather nice gold looking pen, a gold coloured badge, and told me my subscription is frozen at its current level for life.

Seems like only yesterday when I was elected to membership. Nice gesture I thought.
Ah but did you know/remember you were a member of said club??  :) :) or did it come as a surprise?
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

The Q

:claphappy: Well done for surviving that long...  :claphappy:

47 days to my first pension :), but 6 years 47 days till my sailing club freezes my membership fees... :(

scotsoft

A very nice gesture indeed, it just goes to show that a bit of recognition can make someone's day.

Well done sir  :thumbsup:

Cheers John.

@woodbury22uk

Newportnobby

They sent me a rather nice gold looking pen, a gold coloured badge, and told me my subscription is frozen at its current level for life.

And how long have you been a member of the Cryogenic Society, Mike? :-X

woodbury22uk

Quote from: newportnobby on October 19, 2017, 02:56:12 PM
They sent me a rather nice gold looking pen, a gold coloured badge, and told me my subscription is frozen at its current level for life.

And how long have you been a member of the Cryogenic Society, Mike? :-X

Not that one Mick. I was frozen out after the first meeting.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Quote from: austinbob on October 19, 2017, 01:59:59 PM

Ah but did you know/remember you were a member of said club??  :) :) or did it come as a surprise?

Funnily enough this one I know quite well. But SWMBO and I have recently put together lists of jobs to be done/memberships cancelled when we move on to the afterlife. I was amazed at the stuff she is a member of. And she has the nerve to talk about my "sad friends"!
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Skyline2uk

Quote from: woodbury22uk on October 19, 2017, 03:14:18 PM
Quote from: austinbob on October 19, 2017, 01:59:59 PM

Funnily enough this one I know quite well. But SWMBO and I have recently put together lists of jobs to be done/memberships cancelled when we move on to the afterlife. I was amazed at the stuff she is a member of. And she has the nerve to talk about my "sad friends"!

But we are not sad, we have our tiny trains to play with!

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

In our defence, sad is just an acronym for 'steam and diesel' :P

Bealman

I think it's great... interested in what club it was?  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Bealman on October 20, 2017, 09:44:48 AM
I think it's great... interested in what club it was?  :beers:

It was the institute of Advanced Motorists. I passed my first test when I was 18. Regular retesting has kept me on my toes ever since.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations