Farish / Dapol Collectors clubs ?

Started by Westbury, April 01, 2015, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Quote from: austinbob on May 27, 2015, 02:12:07 PM
Quote from: georgehgv on May 27, 2015, 12:58:48 PM
Nicola rang !

All I get is the membership card, offer list, a catalogue when they publish it, a newsletter which is imminent, a model dunno what or when.

Oh and an Open Day in Wales if you want to cross Southern England to get there.

Not convinced worth it, so probably save my money nrxt yest.

Shame really as it was good when Nthusiast Club.
Now I am confused George. What you describe sounds more like the Bachmann club. The Dapol website describes more or less what you suggested in your earlier post
I received a membership card and a wagon from Bachmann/Farish so far.

I just received a catalogue from Dapol so far and have been told there is another parcel on the way
??? :confused2: :hmmm:

Catalogue? All I've had since I renewed in Jan is a newsletter. Looks like I'll need to get in touch with them as well...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

georgehgv

Quote from: austinbob on May 27, 2015, 02:12:07 PM
Quote from: georgehgv on May 27, 2015, 12:58:48 PM
Nicola rang !

All I get is the membership card, offer list, a catalogue when they publish it, a newsletter which is imminent, a model dunno what or when.

Oh and an Open Day in Wales if you want to cross Southern England to get there.

Not convinced worth it, so probably save my money nrxt yest.

Shame really as it was good when Nthusiast Club.
Now I am confused George. What you describe sounds more like the Bachmann club. The Dapol website describes more or less what you suggested in your earlier post
I received a membership card and a wagon from Bachmann/Farish so far.

I just received a catalogue from Dapol so far and have been told there is another parcel on the way
??? :confused2: :hmmm:

I have had nothing so far from Dapol, the newsletter I had beginning of this year I assumed came within last years subs being as renewal was Feb/March time.
I should have a catalogue then and a model I think ??

Farish sent catalogue and had model and membership card.

In summary Dapol are crap and disorganized.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

austinbob

George - I agree!! I just hope the second package arrives as promised and its what it should be.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

georgehgv

Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

austinbob

Quote from: georgehgv on May 27, 2015, 05:52:13 PM
Think I will request a refund.
Did Dapol say they have or are shipping stuff to you. Might be worth waiting a few days if they did. Anyway.. this is not good publicity for Dapol. I wonder if they ever check out this Forum for what their customer problems/feelings are? Probably not. I must say the response from Bachmann/Farish has been sooo.. much better.
Hope you get all your stuff or a refund. I bet they argue about refunding the money - just a feeling.
:veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Paul B

I joined the Dapol collectors club a few years ago; mainly to get the Silver Link A4 model. Unfortunately it was so delayed that, by the time it was released, I couldn't afford it.  :(  The club wagon was nice (although I probably couldn't identify it in amongst my stock boxes now!  ;D ) and I did get a catalogue and the occasional newsletter, but it never seemed worth the money, so I let my membership lapse after a year...

However, since then, I still receive the occasional newsletter, and have even had catalogues through the letterbox too - I got the latest newsletter a few days ago! I keep wondering if they would send me the club limited edition loco if I ordered it and paid for it?  :hmmm: (Probably!)
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

georgehgv

Anyone wanting to voice their concerns should visit the Dapol page on Facebook, i did earlier but no response but just maybe if enough did then who knows? Will prove they do or don't read it.

I am not at all surprised that you still get Newsletters after lapse, I have not had mine since beginning of year so I must be paying your subs.

Not holding my breath for anything more than a membership card and list of supposed bargains which are probably all OO and dearer than Hattons.

Keep you posted, at least Farish have a yearly do and wagon and catalogue and newslettters.

JBQFC

have just got a dapol collectors club mag today i left the club over a year ago  :o

georgehgv

Quote from: JBQFC on May 29, 2015, 10:45:10 AM
have just got a dapol collectors club mag today i left the club over a year ago  :o

The magazine comes from the printer directly, mine arrived as well today but nothing from Nicola at the Collector Club. I left a post on Facebook which Joel Dapol disliked but nothing done until I posted it, he offered to refund my Membership which I have now confirmed I wished to do and am waiting for a refund. The N'thusiasts Club was far better run than this new multi gauge venture which is a shambles.

austinbob

Quote from: georgehgv on May 29, 2015, 11:18:05 AM
Quote from: JBQFC on May 29, 2015, 10:45:10 AM

The magazine comes from the printer directly, mine arrived as well today but nothing from Nicola at the Collector Club. I left a post on Facebook which Joel Dapol disliked but nothing done until I posted it, he offered to refund my Membership which I have now confirmed I wished to do and am waiting for a refund. The N'thusiasts Club was far better run than this new multi gauge venture which is a shambles.
Well!! I've waited the two or three days Nicola suggested to receive the two parcels she promised and all I've had so far is a Dapol catalogue. Time to ask for a refund methinks. The Dapol catalogue isn't even mentioned as part of the membership pack!! :veryangry:

Bob Austin

MikeDunn

Very ironically, Bob & George, I received the magazine today ...  While generally better than previous ones (eg it's not 6 sheets of A4 stapled in a corner this time !), it's still nowhere near the quality etc of the Hornby or Bachmann magazines in either material or content terms.

Why ironically, you may be asking ?  Well, like a lot here, I joined up (I was after Silver Link) but was extremely disappointed in the Club and never renewed.  That was a couple of years ago now !!!  Either they are using a very old copy of the database, or are desperate to get back ex-members ! 

Or could it be that (privately) they admit the way they have run the Club was lousy & have extended previous members for another Issue or two ...  ???

Mike

austinbob

But my beef Mike, is that I am a new member who applied 1st April (April fools day note) who despite being told that they have physically shipped a membership pack 4 times, I've received nothing but a catalogue. Am I the only unfortunate new member to have this problem??
:confused2:

Bob Austin

talisman56

Quote from: austinbob on May 29, 2015, 06:14:51 PM
But my beef Mike, is that I am a new member who applied 1st April (April fools day note) who despite being told that they have physically shipped a membership pack 4 times, I've received nothing but a catalogue. Am I the only unfortunate new member to have this problem??
:confused2:

Not a new member, but renewed in Jan or Feb - I forget exactly which - but the only thing I've had from them since is one Newsletter (and not recently). No new membership card or other material, or a code to get the members discount on the website shop (the one I've previously used is not working now). I'm beginning to think (like others) I've backed a Donkey...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

MikeDunn

Bob,

Not at all ... this kind of happening was going on several years ago too; I think there are posts about it here somewhere.

I do recall that at least half-way through the membership year (could be close to the end) that Dapol made a big deal about revamping things to improve the Club; I had my doubts then & it seems my suspicions were right  :(

It really is ironic that a number of ex-members are receiving copies of the latest magazine whereas new members get nowt !  But at least you've had response from them; my emails & letters were ignored ...

NOE 544R

I was with the Bachmann club, but they never offered Anyloco's of interest to me, so I decided to leave and take out the Dapol one.

The Dapol one was good, until I found out it ends in December (I took it out in September  :censored: ). When I joined, they said you got a mug and all sorts, but it never turned up and after 20 emails to Dapol they are still yet to reply.

Dapol have brilliant loco's but  :censored: customer service.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations