uploading pictures

Started by matt-b, December 28, 2010, 08:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

hello
i was wondering if there is a option so you can upload pictures straight from your pc. not using websites (photobucket).
cause i got some on my computer, i.e paint which i resized ready to be used.

thanks, matt

Tank

I'm afraid that only using 3rd parties is allowed due to saving web space - as pictures will fill it up very quickly.

m1racleman

you know what??  I have spent the last 2 hours trying to work out how to put a photo on here and no joy!!
Don't you think that if you want to encourage new users, that it would be useful to have some info on HOW TO DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!
My registration was solicited  via Newmodelrailway  where it was so simple to just stick a photo on. Why cant it be the same here??

NGF Staff

Quote from: m1racleman on February 18, 2011, 11:34:55 AM
Don't you think that if you want to encourage new users, that it would be useful to have some info on HOW TO DO IOT !!!!!!!!!!!

Try here....

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6.0

And as explained above, it takes up too much room for us to store images.  We're not a business but a couple of N Gaugers who set up a forum with our own money.  We can't afford to keep adding gigabytes of memory to our website, unless you wish to donate to the cause? :thumbsup:
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

Lawrence

Quote from: m1racleman on February 18, 2011, 11:34:55 AM
you know what??  I have spent the last 2 hours trying to work out how to putr a photo on here and no joy!!
Don't you think that if you want to encourage new users, that it would be useful to have some info on HOW TO DO IOT !!!!!!!!!!!
My registration was solicited  via Newmodelrailway  where it was so simple to just stick a phot on. Why cant it be the same here??

This is a railway forum mate, not a computer class  ;D there is a tutorial, please read it  :thumbsup:

Mustermark

Quote from: matt-b on December 28, 2010, 08:22:08 PM
hello
i was wondering if there is a option so you can upload pictures straight from your pc. not using websites (photobucket).
cause i got some on my computer, i.e paint which i resized ready to be used.

thanks, matt

I signed up with Photobucket and it is free and really quite easy - I think it took me about 20 mintes to register and get my photos into Photobucket :thumbsup:.  The process of pasting the links is dead easy after that.  I think it is less conveneient than some other forums, but if it means we can have an N gauge forum and share pics that way it will be great ;D.  Other forums seem to be swamped with OO stuff :thumbsdown:, and that's what I hate about the trade mags.   I like knowing that everything on here is at least relevant to N :D.

Thanks to the guys who set this forum up.  I think it will be great if everyone can share their pics and tips for N gauge!   :NGaugersRule:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Tank

Thanks Mustermark!   :thumbsup:

I agree, I'd love to be able to allow all the pictures to be uploaded here, but it's just not financially viable in the long term.  :-\  If this forum was linked to a business or model shop, then that would help finance the forum...but this is independent and 100% N Gauge.  :)

:NGaugeForum:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations