More thieving to report....

Started by Skyline2uk, February 23, 2014, 07:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Safer to put your best music in S Club 7 or Steps CD cases :-X

MalcolmInN

:laughabovepost:

I see your SClub7 and raise you one Haydn.

Mark them Haydn symphonies, you have 104 to chose from ( or a few extra dependung upon your authority )
and better still - they really are Haydn symphonies , , , heheeeeheee heeerrum

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on June 27, 2015, 01:25:05 AM
I am assured that if I catch someone and 'deal with it' myself, I will likely end up in bigger trouble than they do.
Things are upside down!
They sure are,
but in the words of M.R.Davies they would say that wouldnt they.

I think it depends upon how you 'deal' with it,
if you approach the miscrant from afar with machete in hand whilst he is going about his business and threatening no one then you will be in deep do-do.
If however you say " Oi please desist" and he turns to you with what you perceive to be a threatening manner, either to your person or your nearby loved ones, then you can lay him low with your walking stick or whatever else is to hand.
(not an air rifle that is stashed somewhere in readiness ! )

Malc

These days, even if you use a custard pie in the face, I bet you could be sued to within an inch of your savings.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Malc on June 27, 2015, 11:42:59 PM
These days, even if you use a custard pie in the face, I bet you could be sued to within an inch of your savings.
:laughabovepost:
only if you used BirdsEye,
not for organic real egg custard Shirly ?

Trainfish

God help you if it''s past its best before date!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

acko22

Just remember 3 simple steps if you are going to challenge a thieving little  :censored:

1) Start with a verbal challenge
2) If you feel you can and its safe try to detain them (citizens arrest)
3) Then if they try to resist and if in YOUR honest belief they are a danger to you then you can use required force prevent that danger. JUST REMEMBER YOU CANT USE EXCESSIVE FORCE I.E STAB THE SCUM FOR SLAPPING YOU!!

We all have the integeral right to defend ourselves and our property
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Trainfish on June 28, 2015, 12:28:00 AM

God help you if it''s past its best before date!
:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:
nice one !
where is the clutching-sides emoticon

hahaaheee , ,

MalcolmInN

Quote from: acko22 on June 28, 2015, 12:37:01 AM
(citizens arrest)
Even that is not as simple as 'twas in the days of Whatsit of Dock Green
be careful.

dannyboy

then you can use required force
If I remember rightly, from my days as a 'plod', (a long, long time ago - cue a song?), you could use "as much force as was reasonably necessary under the circumstances". Only snag was, there was no definition of 'reasonable force', so, usually, it was up to the Courts to decide if the force used was 'necessary' and 'reasonable'. Nowadays,  it seems that you can not say "boo" to an offender in case you upset him,  :thumbsdown: :'( (or her - just to be PC  :)). David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

acko22

Reasonable force is so hard to define, but your understanding is spot on dan.
Thankfully the army will always back us if we have to use reasonable force
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Basinga

if in YOUR honest belief they are a danger to you then you can use required force prevent that danger.

I'm getting flashbacks of the "beyond reasonable doubt" lectures...

woodbury22uk

Quote from: woodbury22uk on June 27, 2015, 12:57:16 PM

My humble Focus lives in the garage when not being driven out on the road, but I hope nobody would want to steal it or its meagre contents.

Did I speak too soon? Two evenings back my car remote key fob stopped working. However the non operational area is very small - about a 15 metre radius circle covering mine and my neighbour's driveways. It works fine everywhere else.

Although mine is a humble Ford Focus, my neighbour has a Focus ST which is apparently much more desirable. The ST has been away for two weeks having a collision damage repair, but when it arrived back last evening its remote did not work either. Both cars' remote key fobs operate on the same frequency. Both cars were secured deadlocked in garages overnight.

Just as a precaution I logged the issue with our local police force, and not many minutes later two traffic officers and a car burglary expert arrived!  Anyway a trap has been set if the would be thieves return for their frequency jammer. What they would want with my humble Focus is a mystery to me.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Sprintex

Your "humble Focus" is less conspicuous and much easier to shift on in a backstreet dealer or on Ebay than something sporty and more noticeable ;)

Paul

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations