Model of the year survey - N Gauge Forum best website? Joint second place!

Started by woodbury22uk, January 11, 2017, 08:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLD

Quote from: newportnobby on January 12, 2017, 10:36:24 AM
Of course I voted for the NGF. As for the rest of the N gauge section it's a shame the steam locos, diesel locos and rolling stock are limited option wise to what someone thinks we should like, although I appreciate they have to limit it rather than have a list as long as a giant squids tentacle!
There actually aren't that many completely new models (new toolings, not just reliveries) that were released in 2017 that are not on the list. - The most obvious omissions from the N-Gauge lists for me are the NGS Thompson Full Brake and the UM Dukedog.

Reading between the lines of a few of the comments, the other criteria to make the short list appears to be if Warners/BRM were given a free-bee review sample...   :uneasy: :hmmm:

Andy Y

Quote from: PLD on January 12, 2017, 06:06:53 PM
the other criteria to make the short list appears to be if Warners/BRM were given a free-bee review sample...   :uneasy: :hmmm:

That is wholly incorrect and is an unpleasant inference; many models are included even if no review samples were provided.

However, if a manufacturer does not issue press releases, offer briefings, publish information on a website or make any other form of contact with a publisher it is quite likely they will end up on the unaware/forgotten pile.

PLD

Quote from: Andy Y on January 13, 2017, 07:22:36 PM
the other criteria to make the short list appears to be if Warners/BRM were given a free-bee review sample...   :uneasy: :hmmm:

That is wholly incorrect and is an unpleasant inference; many models are included even if no review samples were provided.

However, if a manufacturer does not issue press releases, offer briefings, publish information on a website or make any other form of contact with a publisher it is quite likely they will end up on the unaware/forgotten pile.

Quote from: Andy Y on RMWEB
we had all missed it when compiling the list. Something which can happen if you haven't had a review model
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118706-british-model-railway-awards-2016/#entry2568554
Clearly suggests that a model you have reviewed is more likely to make the shortlist...  ;)  :hmmm:

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Andy Y on January 13, 2017, 07:22:36 PM

Andy

I am grateful for the support provided by RMWeb for British Model Railway Awards 2017 voting, and for providing a venue for well-informed discussion. Like everywhere on the web things sometimes go off at a tangent. I just completed a similar survey for French N gauge where they attempted to include everything that was new in 2016. I had no knowledge of about three quarters of what was listed, some of which it appears sold in single figure quantities. I think that the RMWeb choices cover a good range of what was completely new. I wonder though if an item qualifies as favourite model of the year if, say, only a dozen were sold but at £2000 each.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

zwilnik

Voted. Bit of a shame UM wasn't listed there with the Dukedog and for N Gauge manufacturer of the year, but Revolution got my N Gauge manufacturer vote instead.

woodbury22uk

Congratulations to the N Gauge Forum management team and members on achieving joint second place in the Website category. Only beaten by UK Model shops and level with Paul Bartlett's photo hosting site.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120238-british-model-railway-awards-2016-results-and-winners/
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

red_death

I'm delighted to say that the Revolution/Rapido TEA tanker won the N Gauge Rolling stock item award!

Thanks to everyone that voted for us - much appreciated.

Cheers, Mike

RailGooner

Quote from: woodbury22uk on February 24, 2017, 01:18:47 PM
Congratulations to the N Gauge Forum management team and members on achieving joint second place in the Website category. Only beaten by UK Model shops and level with Paul Bartlett's photo hosting site.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120238-british-model-railway-awards-2016-results-and-winners/

Ditto what @woodbury22uk said.  :NGF:

RailGooner

Quote from: red_death on February 24, 2017, 01:26:13 PM
I'm delighted to say that the Revolution/Rapido TEA tanker won the N Gauge Rolling stock item award!

Thanks to everyone that voted for us - much appreciated.

Cheers, Mike

Congrat's Mike, Ben, and Rapido! I feel a bit sorry for the other nominees - they surely knew they were fighting for 2nd place.  :beers:

REGP

:NGF: :NGF:

Congrats to Tank, the Moderators and ALL who work on the Forum you deserve it!

Ray

Mustermark

What fantastic results! Congrats to everyone:
NGF - Tank, I bet you are feeling very proud!
Revolution - what a great result for the TEA. And so much more to come for next year!
Rapido - for the stunning OO APTE. Do you think that might spur them to an N gauge foray with the shrink ray?
Dapol - for the affordable and rather lovely O gauge 08
Hattons - for continued great service

Pleased to say I voted for all of the above.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Steamie+

Well Done Chris and the Moderators for coming 2nd.... should have been 1st IMO, still there is always next YEAR..the other forum websites don't come close to NGF       :NGaugersRule:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tank

Many thanks to everyone for your support.  I'm so grateful for you kind words and votes. :thumbsup:  I never would have thought we'd have a chance in terms of numbers.

I appreciate the hard work of the moderators who take a lot of flak at times, and the great posts that you all make on here.

Thank you. :claphappy:

Bob Tidbury

:NGF: Well done to Tank and all the Moderators what an achievement in coming joint second next year number one ..
I allways do my best to promote the forum at all the shows we go to ,in fact Ray said he is going to sack me because Im allways telling everyone about the Forum and handing out the cards that Tank gave me instead of serving customers ,bring some more to the Redhill show please Tank.
Bob Tidbury

snitchthebudgie

NGF cards (and especially readers who will pay at the door) very welcome at the ESNG show.  April 8 is coming along very fast now.... 

:NGF:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations