What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I really look forward to seeing some pics :camera:
The BBC series on the Hill Railways of India was superb, and showed very accurately the positive attitude of the locals towards their railways in the face of adversity. Good on yer :thumbsup:

bbdave

Here's a pic of my efforts so far, it was planned originaly as just a layout on a board so the track ran round the outside to maximise space but i found the scenic side is what really interests me so i have started to do some as practice for when i can have a bigger more permanent layout so it'll probably have a little of everything on it.

My stock is a mish mash of what i like i will one day model to an era but i reckon a few rogues will still get through. Untill then my layout hides under the spare bed and is wheeled out when time allows me to play.

Dave

Tank

Very good bbdave!  What's the plan with the sidings at the back?  Will this be covered, or left open?

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: bbdave on December 17, 2011, 02:49:06 PM
Here's a pic of my efforts so far, it was planned originaly as just a layout on a board so the track ran round the outside to maximise space but i found the scenic side is what really interests me so i have started to do some as practice for when i can have a bigger more permanent layout so it'll probably have a little of everything on it.

Scenery can be addictive I have spent the last 3 weeks building a terrace house scene that is going to cover where my circuits pass each other one climbing one descending. Then my wife says why aren't there any lights in the pub..... More work.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

bbdave

Quote from: Tank on December 17, 2011, 04:16:21 PM
Very good bbdave!  What's the plan with the sidings at the back?  Will this be covered, or left open?

No plan as yet i could continue the hill but access for my hands may be limited for the sidings which i tend not to use any ideas greatly received

Dave

Mustermark

Good work bbdave.  I think a lift off section would be ideal so you can 'fiddle' and in case of derailment.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on December 17, 2011, 04:40:01 PM
Scenery can be addictive I have spent the last 3 weeks building a terrace house scene that is going to cover where my circuits pass each other one climbing one descending. Then my wife says why aren't there any lights in the pub..... More work.

Fit a speaker in it as well so it can play Chas & Dave and other terrible things....  then maybe you'll get less suggestions ;-)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

Forestry commission plantation of just a small depth of trees then green/blue painted board ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

bbdave

Quote from: EtchedPixels on December 17, 2011, 07:03:06 PM
Forestry commission plantation of just a small depth of trees then green/blue painted board ?

Yes could do that though i can't go to high due to under bed storage but i had thought about the last 2" or so of ground as trees to screen the sidings which are barely visable when i'm sat running  trains

Dave

Mustermark

This weekend I am mostly modelling station platforms.

Lots of 3/8" strips of wood and Metcalfe platform edging, glue and screws.  Slow and labour intensive, but it's taking shape slowly.

davieb

Quote from: Mustermark on December 17, 2011, 08:43:12 PM

Lots of 3/8" strips of wood and Metcalfe platform edging, glue and screws.  Slow and labour intensive, but it's taking shape slowly.

sounds interesting would love to see some  :camera: of your latest project

dave  :thumbsup:

Mustermark

Will do. I'm taking snaps as I go, so sometime over Xmas I should have an update...

bbdave

Been there with 3mm strip

Dave

polo2k

I feel your pain,
Been working on this today, scratch built from balsa strip with automated hopper release (servo driven) and scratchbuilt Nn3 running over the top!
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Blackbird1137

BR no region, 1955 - 1965 ish.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%