Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngaugepaul and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

paulprice

NinOz

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 16, 2018, 09:22:57 PM
As @tutenkhamunsleeping had forced( :D) me to buy a Dapol Grange in their August specials I was hoping for a quiet runner. Silly me. This is after ½ an hour each way running in........

https://www.dropbox.com/s/347z9dzq5bt5k2m/Dapol%20Grange%2016.8.18.MOV?dl=0

Have I got a lemon? It's hard for me to tell as virtually every Dapol loco I possess (and there are quite a few) are as noisy. I've lightly oiled the motion as per the instructions.
Should have turned off the kitchen blender when you recorded the video.  Can hardly hear the loco. :)
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

tutenkhamunsleeping

As tutenkhamunsleeping had forced( :D) me to buy a Dapol Grange in their August specials I was hoping for a quiet runner. Silly me.

I don't think Dapol 'do' quiet runners ;)

Although this is my first Dapol steam loco, all of my Dapol diesels are noisy and the Grange is no better or no worse than these. But it is a very smooth runner with no wobbly wheels and I'm impressed :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: NinOz on August 17, 2018, 12:41:53 AM
As @tutenkhamunsleeping had forced( :D) me to buy a Dapol Grange in their August specials I was hoping for a quiet runner. Silly me. This is after ½ an hour each way running in........

Have I got a lemon? It's hard for me to tell as virtually every Dapol loco I possess (and there are quite a few) are as noisy. I've lightly oiled the motion as per the instructions.
Should have turned off the kitchen blender when you recorded the video.  Can hardly hear the loco. :)

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on August 17, 2018, 08:38:51 AM
As tutenkhamunsleeping had forced( :D) me to buy a Dapol Grange in their August specials I was hoping for a quiet runner. Silly me.

I don't think Dapol 'do' quiet runners ;)

Although this is my first Dapol steam loco, all of my Dapol diesels are noisy and the Grange is no better or no worse than these. But it is a very smooth runner with no wobbly wheels and I'm impressed :thumbsup:

I agree it looks the part and runs down to a crawl very impressively even if I don't turn the controller down (jokey bit)

Yet_Another

I'm glad I don't do steam. I couldn't be doing with that massive black protuberance between the tender and loco.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 16, 2018, 09:22:57 PMSadly said instructions don't tell you about the packing block placed (I think) between loco and tender which meant the first curve it came to it derailed. Not clever :unimpressed:

Oh, glad I'm not the only one who was flummoxed by that. Thought I had a dud at first, as the driving wheels weren't making good contact with the track due to the block, which further alarmed me by falling out when I picked the loco up to examine it.

Anyway mine (from an earlier round of bargains) quietened down a little after some running in, though it's still towards the upper end of the acceptable range.

railsquid

After donning protective clothing, carefully remove the tender body to release the swarm of small hornets trapped inside.

That is, well, it makes me think I got lucky with mine.  :goggleeyes:

Yet_Another

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

oncomin5torm

The morning milk train can commence on Nodinson Hills.

Two peco 4 wheel united dairies tanks £6 each at Llangollen toy and model railway fair.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Let history make it's own judgments.

sp1

Quote from: oncomin5torm on August 18, 2018, 02:08:20 PM
The morning milk train can commence on Nodinson Hills.

Two peco 4 wheel united dairies tanks £6 each at Llangollen toy and model railway fair.
Nice, and that sounds like a good price!

Caz

One thing worth checking with a noisy Dapol loco with a drive shaft is that the plastic collar that the drive shaft fits into on the tender end is sometimes pushed too far on and fouls the tender body creating noise, just ease it out along the motor shaft a tad and it will quieten down hopefully.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

oncomin5torm

Looks like we have a rat infestation at Nodinson Hills.

Poole era class 25 back from its repair and service, with a class 25 dummy unit to double head.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Let history make it's own judgments.

JimSan

Managed to find a green Buffet coach that was still in stock, now just to find myself a Green Mk1 CK to go with the rest of my Green Mk1s.

Edit to add:
Have now just noticed that the day the old version arrives at my house, the new version is now on sale...
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

Philip.

Another addition to the fleet, Farish Class 66 101, DCC decoder fitted, very quiet runner and brilliant at low speed. Thrilled to bits with this one.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations