Ice cream, anyone?

Started by daffy, December 08, 2017, 04:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

The temperature here has just hit freezing point, which means that an ice cream cone would not melt on me. Rather fortuitous therefore :no: that an Ice Cream Van has just stopped outside our house, accompanied by its jangly rendition of 'Whistle while we work...". :o

Only used to get these vans doing the rounds in the summer when I was a lad. I'm all for enterprise, but I wonder how much trade he'll get.

It's a funny old world.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Good luck to him.
I think kids of all ages (including us 60 somethings) love an ice cream - whatever the weather.
:)
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daffy

I must admit I would enjoy a 99 but sadly I'm unable to eat ice cream these days due to adverse reactions. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

PaulCheffus

Quote from: daffy on December 08, 2017, 04:08:06 PM
The temperature here has just hit freezing point, which means that an ice cream cone would not melt on me. Rather fortuitous therefore :no: that an Ice Cream Van has just stopped outside our house, accompanied by its jangly rendition of 'Whistle while we work...". :o

Only used to get these vans doing the rounds in the summer when I was a lad. I'm all for enterprise, but I wonder how much trade he'll get.

It's a funny old world.

Hi

Funnily enough we've just had one this afternoon driving past work.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

cycletrak9

I'm reminded of the Morecambe and Wise sketch where a fire engine goes past outside with the bell ringing [remember when they had bells?]. Eric pulls back the curtain and says "He won't sell many ice creams going at that speed".

The Q

We had a sprinkling of white stuff overnight, even in the sunshine it hasn't melted.
I spent 6 hours working outside today...

Do I want an ice cream...NO

Bealman

32C here today, yeah, I could go an ice cream  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Quote from: Bealman on December 10, 2017, 04:46:26 AM

That's interesting, as it's exactly 32 here too at this very moment.

32 F. :cold:

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

NinOz

Quote from: Bealman on December 10, 2017, 04:46:26 AM
Looks like it is going to be a cool Christmas/New Year this year then.  Nice when the temps stay low.

Selling ice cream in winter.  Must save a fortune on refrigeration costs in the van.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Bealman

Just reading me local paper here, and apparently the UK is copping a bit of snow.

The local rag says the M1 was partially closed, and it is the main highway between London and North East England  ???

Fake news!!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations