Let it snow let it snow let it snow....

Started by Skyline2uk, December 05, 2017, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Good evening all

I seek the collective knowledge of the Forum with regards to my first ever dabble with Woodland Scenics Snow:

As you can see my Christmas project has had a generous helping of snow applied, but I am now struggling to "seal" it (for want of a better word), so the snow on the top is not loose. I plan to add Perspex to the frame and it will go in the loft, inevitably tilting the base as it goes into the hatch.

The base was covered in neat PVA and I have tried (and failed) to get a fine enough mist spray of dilute PVA to glue it all down...

Thought of spray glues or even hair-spray? Concerned I could end up with "yellow snow" if there is a reaction as well.... :worried:

Skyline2uk

kirky

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 05, 2017, 08:20:26 PM

Thought of spray glues or even hair-spray? Concerned I could end up with "yellow snow" if there is a reaction as well.... :worried:

Skyline2uk

My dad only ever offered my one piece of advice. And that was not to eat yellow snow. :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Yet_Another

Funnily enough Elnett was the first thing that came to mind.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Yet_Another on December 05, 2017, 08:34:43 PM
Funnily enough Elnett was the first thing that came to mind.

Is that a hair-spray?

Skyline2uk

Yet_Another

Yes. My mum used it years ago, but I believe it's a good product, still in wide use today.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Yet_Another on December 05, 2017, 08:39:35 PM
Yes. My mum used it years ago, but I believe it's a good product, still in wide use today.

Ok, will have a look in a popular supermarket tomorrow, a small test sample to see effect on snow...

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations