Flakey Firefox Finally Fails..

Started by JasonBz, January 18, 2017, 09:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

count me as another who cant understand the negativity for vista,ok im mainly a linux user,but have various machines running xp,vista,7 ,and 10,out of the lot 10 has caused the biggest problems,to the point that i dont even bother booting it,instead i will use my old vista machine for anything virtual box cant handle.Now for a truly awaful windows experience may i suggest ME
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

skel

Jason - do you mean Firefox will not start? If so open Task Manager (the 3 fingered salute - Control Alt Delete) and look for any instances of Firefox.exe that may still be open. If so, close that task, close Task Manager and try starting Firefox again.

This happens with me occasionally when Firefox is trying to update itself. I must admit I love it because of all the plugins that are available such as No Script where I can decide which Java scripts can run, not some dodgy website creator or filling Googles coffers with information about me!

Hope this helps

Cheers

Steve

davidinyork

Quote from: themadhippy on January 20, 2017, 01:07:21 AM
count me as another who cant understand the negativity for vista,ok im mainly a linux user,but have various machines running xp,vista,7 ,and 10,out of the lot 10 has caused the biggest problems,to the point that i dont even bother booting it,instead i will use my old vista machine for anything virtual box cant handle.Now for a truly awaful windows experience may i suggest ME

Vista is out of support now, so anyone using it and connecting to the internet is taking a risk as security holes which come to light won't get patched and it will be a target for the malware writers (e.g. the recent widespread ransomware attack).

I've got Firefox running as the default browser on about 150 computers and it's generally fine - occasionally needs a reset, but gives less trouble than any other browsers I've tried (which include all of the mainstream ones).

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations