SERVICE SHEETS ON CD on ebay

Started by Tom@Crewe, September 26, 2014, 08:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom@Crewe

601 SERVICE SHEETS ON CD FOR GRAHAM FARISH TRIANG BACHMANN DUBLO LIMA & OTHERS

I have seen the above on ebay for starting bid £2.69    ebay ref. 321526582270

Has anyone had experience of these service sheets and if so how useful are they??

Vonzack

Hi Tom,

If you have access to the internet, then the Farish Service Sheets, or the recent ones are available online at http://www.bachmann.co.uk/service/gf_assmbly.php

I guess you are paying for somebodies time to retrieve these for you and put them on a CD.

Cheers, Mark.

Malcolm Hunt

Thank heavens for keyword searches. I am in need of a Lima n gauge service sheet for their BR Standard 2-6-4T early crest loco number 80033. Sorry, I don't have the Lima cat number though. Dhe has a lot of parts and the build is not like Grafar or Dapol so I've rather stumped myself.

She looks like this, if it's any help...
https://hattonsimages.blob.core.windows.net/products/L320252-U_3187018_Qty1_ruler.jpg

(She was a total non-runner, and way beyond the usual dirt associated with brush carbon deposits and general lack of servicing, there was coal dust all over the place inside. I do mean actual coal dust from a shockingly bad attempt at 'realism' RTR bashing on her bunker! Coal granules were stuck to the rear wieght among other places. I've retrieved as much coal as poss and I have enough to fashion a plasticard proper place to stick it all down properly when the time comes.)
How ironic that I choose N gauge after I start using reading glasses.
- Progression to prescription glasses has not dissuaded me either.

ntpntpntp

Quote from: LostBoy30A on August 17, 2017, 07:55:48 PM
Thank heavens for keyword searches. I am in need of a Lima n gauge service sheet for their BR Standard 2-6-4T early crest loco number 80033.

Ah yes, the old Wrenn / Lima Micromodel 2-6-4T.   The model number on the early boxes was 252, later 220252.  Pretty standard cheap old Lima motor unit of the day, so simple enough to service if the commutator and coils are still sound.   

Personally I wouldn't spend a lot of time and resource on those old things, unless it's a particularly good condition example you like to keep going for "history of N gauge" reasons. They're pretty indifferent runners.

I'll have a poke around, see if I can find a service sheet, though to be honest I'm not sure they were sold with one?

[edit] Hmmm..  no luck so far finding a sheet for this model nor the American, Swedish or German locos which used the same chassis.  Must admit I don't recall ever getting a sheet with any of the Lima locos I had back in the 70s and 80s.

Interesting aside; I did find service sheets online for variants of the 0-6-0 Fowler and the german centre-cab diesel fitted with an Arnold-style can motor instead of the classic motor unit.  I know Lima did start to move toward such can motors very late in the life of some of their models (I have a Swiss bo-bo electric so-fitted) and I remember seeing catalogues showing the class 31 diesel with a central can and shafts, but I've never seen in the flesh any British N Lima models with a can?
[/edit]
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Malcolm Hunt

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 17, 2017, 08:19:16 PM
Quote from: LostBoy30A on August 17, 2017, 07:55:48 PM
Thank heavens for keyword searches. I am in need of a Lima n gauge service sheet for their BR Standard 2-6-4T early crest loco number 80033.

Ah yes, the old Wrenn / Lima Micromodel 2-6-4T.   The model number on the early boxes was 252, later 220252.  Pretty standard cheap old Lima motor unit of the day, so simple enough to service if the commutator and coils are still sound.   

Personally I wouldn't spend a lot of time and resource on those old things, unless it's a particularly good condition example you like to keep going for "history of N gauge" reasons. They're pretty indifferent runners.

I'll have a poke around, see if I can find a service sheet, though to be honest I'm not sure they were sold with one?

[edit] Hmmm..  no luck so far finding a sheet for this model nor the American, Swedish or German locos which used the same chassis.  Must admit I don't recall ever getting a sheet with any of the Lima locos I had back in the 70s and 80s.

Interesting aside; I did find service sheets online for variants of the 0-6-0 Fowler and the german centre-cab diesel fitted with an Arnold-style can motor instead of the classic motor unit.  I know Lima did start to move toward such can motors very late in the life of some of their models (I have a Swiss bo-bo electric so-fitted) and I remember seeing catalogues showing the class 31 diesel with a central can and shafts, but I've never seen in the flesh any British N Lima models with a can?
[/edit]
Thanks @ntpntpntp, most kind. She is in good nick and now I've got the coal and dust out, I think she's worth it. The commutator plate polished up well, and the motor is sound now its back together. The length of the brushes and the good state of the gears suggest that she's not done a high mileage either.
Also, I'm looking forward to trying out my Plasticard building skills with the real coal in bunker detail.
Thanks for the catalogue numbers, I will try Lendon's of Cardiff with that info in pursuit of possible service sheets.
How ironic that I choose N gauge after I start using reading glasses.
- Progression to prescription glasses has not dissuaded me either.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations