The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big bad John

Quote from: Malc on April 10, 2017, 11:10:03 AM
I've got Regatta de blanc by the Police. Does that count?

Always a Sting when the police get involved.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on April 10, 2017, 11:10:03 AM
I've got Regatta de blanc by the Police. Does that count?

I'll trump your white Regatta with the Fine Young CannCriminals :P

Big bad John

My mother had a few criminal records most of them by Max Bygraves
:smiley-laughing:

daveg

:laughabovepost: Now I really do know that you're all bonkers!  :laugh:

Dave G

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: I will stand in the noughty corner and then write out one hundred lines ,
I WILL TRY AND POST THINGS IN THE RIGHT THREAD IN FUTURE.
Will that be enough punishment?
Bob Tidbury

broadsword

Any more mention of Sting or the Police and I'll open
an "Incandescent with rage " thread .....da da da da da
:veryangry:

broadsword

TylerB

I'm not going to name and shame, but I've had a long running issue with a model railway supplier over an incomplete, and then a damaged, delivery. They are making efforts to get more replacement parts out to me, but its just infuriating! And what's more, their correspondence on the matter, when they actually reply,  is terse and abrupt, to say the least.  >:(

I wish companies would realise that sometimes good communication and an apology is just as important as putting the problem right. Suppliers out there please note!!!

I know a lot of companies in the modelling world are little more than one man bands but I deal with bad service all day long in my day job so when I'm hobbying I just want to have a happy and enjoyable experience - having to constantly chase things up drains all the pleasure out of it for me.

Rant over...

Skyline2uk

Leaving aside any argument about the pros or cons of a paid for TV licence, what has actually made me a bit cross is the automated e-Mail reminder I got today informing me:

"You've just days left to renew your TV licence"

No I haven't.

It expires at the end of this month, which to most sensible people means I actually have "weeks" to renew my licence.

Are these beurocrats telling me their shiny, fancy, ever-so-clever and conviniant online system needs over two weeks to process a payment? Or do they need the cash so bad? Honestly think those a bit more vulnerable could be spooked by language like that.

Skyline2uk 

Newportnobby

They love early payment as they get the interest on it. Let's face it, why should you get interest on your money (not that that's feasible nowadays)

Malc

Interest??? What's that?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

austinbob

Its what the bank manager shows on their face if you want to invest money.  Ohhhh... Yeah
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Yeah - and they keep texting me advising me to top up my ISA.
What for? ::)

daffy

I got interest when I saved my money under the mattress.

My wife found it and said, "That has lots of interest". :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: escafeld on April 13, 2017, 11:55:52 AM
Old men and supermarket trolleys

Why do old men think it is acceptable to ram a trolley into the heel of the person in front of them and walk on as if nothing has happened? This is the second time recently this has happened to me (different old man). I couldn't go any faster otherwise I would have rammed my trolley into the person in front of me.

Very painful experience at the supermarket and that was before I got to the checkout.

When they were younger this is the sort that would have pinched your bottom.  Some people don't change.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations