The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

Quoteas the council in its wisdom has removed the waste bin that has been there for many years to save the cost of someone emptying it.
No doubt the same council wisdom  that reduces  bin collections ,increase the cost of collection large/bulky domestic items and close local tips, then wonder why fly tipping is  increasing
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Bealman

We have an anti-littering campaign here at the moment that says "DON'T BE A :censored: (changed by forum)"   ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Calling anyone who works for the Pensions people please :help:
I have been to the www.gov.uk/check-state-pension website where I am informed I have 44 full years contributions and my pension come 1.10.2018 will be £145.55 per week. However, it also informs me that as I won't have paid full contributions up to 1.10.2018 my pension will, in fact, be £136.66.
Now - all websites I have checked show I need only 35 years of contributions to obtain a full state pension. In fact, it was on this basis I took early retirement at 60 years of age.
Also the same website informed me that, if I reach full pension age after 6.4.2016, then the full state pension is £155.65.
Not only am I confused but it seems the governments own employees and websites cannot agree. :censored:
Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

stevewalker

Quote from: GeeBee on January 13, 2017, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on January 13, 2017, 11:05:08 PM
Totally agree, if there's no bin handy then take your rubbish with you until you find one!

Paul

Or take it home where it can be disposed of properly
8)

I am normally very good at making sure my rubbish is properly disposed of. I have however left litter as a silent protest.

I used (many years ago) to be a student in Manchester and caught the train from Oxford Road to Flixton each afternoon. Due to the timing of my finish and that of the train, I was usually sitting on the train in Oxford Road station for at least 1/2 an hour before it left, so usually read a book, drank a can of pop and ate something in the warm. That was fine for a year or so and I always disposed of my rubbish in the bin at Flixton station. Then, against local wishes, the station building on one side was demolished and replaced with a plastic bus shelter - removing the station canopy and leaving passengers with a shelter from the rain that was both too small for the numbers and sloped and sealed to the ground so the interior was inches deep in water. At the same time the main building on the other platform was fenced off , leaving no access to the smaller canopy there and no access to the bin. Having complained about the lack of access to the bin and getting no response, I started leaving my rubbish on the train in protest.

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on January 14, 2017, 01:28:07 PM
Calling anyone who works for the Pensions people please :help:
I have been to the www.gov.uk/check-state-pension website where I am informed I have 44 full years contributions and my pension come 1.10.2018 will be £145.55 per week. However, it also informs me that as I won't have paid full contributions up to 1.10.2018 my pension will, in fact, be £136.66.
Now - all websites I have checked show I need only 35 years of contributions to obtain a full state pension. In fact, it was on this basis I took early retirement at 60 years of age.
Also the same website informed me that, if I reach full pension age after 6.4.2016, then the full state pension is £155.65.
Not only am I confused but it seems the governments own employees and websites cannot agree. :censored:
Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?
I get £147 per week, which is a full pension for someone born in 1951. I was contracted out for most of the time as I was in a works pension. However, you can ask for a written quote just before you are due to take the pension.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

NPN - I get £130.61p per week, having reached retirement age in May. I apparently get a bit less than the full pension as, being an ex member of the constabulary, I was 'contracted out' for a period of time. Would anything like this apply in your case?  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

mr bachmann

pension or not , its blooming cold , neighbors around me (and better off) have new boilers for free whether needed or not - but your's truly has 2 not working storage heaters and have been told to replace them at my expense  :(

Newportnobby

@malc @danny boy

If the Pensions department tell me I have 44 years full contribution and the requirement is for 35, then surely this takes into account any contracted out period (I'm not even sure what that is). The figures are from them. At present I don't know if I will get £145.55, £136.66 or £155.65 and it seems they don't know either. No doubt I'll have to waste a lot of time next week on the phone trying to get through to a human ::)

Malc

The contracted out bit is if you were in a firm's pension scheme. Then you didn't pay the SERPS bit of the national insurance, so they only count as basic years. But it still counts to your 35 years or whatever. I was in the gap period where I was just short of getting the new rates, but do ask for a written quote from Newcastle. That will answer your question, however I seem to remember that you can only get one if you are going to retire in the next 12 months.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Ian Bowden

You can get a pension quote online from the department of work and pensions website. I got one before I retired and the figure I was given was a lot less than I finally got. They don't appear to be able to calculate the extras  until you retire.

Watch the tax people the computer system they use sometimes adds a full year of pension income to a full year of your final pay on retirement and assumes you will still receive that as well as your pension thus it assess your tax wrong. It happened 2 years running with my tax code. Each time the person I spoke to knew of the problem and sent a corrected tax code.

colpatben

Quote from: newportnobby on January 14, 2017, 08:45:51 PM
@malc @danny boy

If the Pensions department tell me I have 44 years full contribution and the requirement is for 35, then surely this takes into account any contracted out period (I'm not even sure what that is). The figures are from them. At present I don't know if I will get £145.55, £136.66 or £155.65 and it seems they don't know either. No doubt I'll have to waste a lot of time next week on the phone trying to get through to a human ::)

Try this article as it may help explain the reason for the diverse figutes of your forcast.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-4105986/Savers-smaller-pensions-duff-Government-forecasts.html
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

daffy

Quote from: colpatben on January 17, 2017, 08:40:54 AM
Try this article as it may help explain the reason for the diverse figutes of your forcast.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-4105986/Savers-smaller-pensions-duff-Government-forecasts.html

Sadly the article, though very informative, leads to this conclusion:

"Regarding the people who lost out.....'Unfortunately there isn't much they can do. They can't undo contracting out so they should try the usual routes to make up holes in their NI record.'"

There is a link to "the usual routes" which I have yet to explore, but as I reach full retirement age in August and was contracted out for a few years, I don't have a lot of faith in the last 'forecast' the DWP gave me.  Looks like it's wait and see time.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Ian Bowden

If you have any gaps in your payments you can make a lump sum payment to cover them before you retire.

javlinfaw7

I worked fr two employers simultaneously for a period of twenty years , one contracted in one contracted out. I paid national insurance in both jobs,
I think that may confuse things in  three years when I come to retire.
Fortunately my contacted out pension was final salary.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations