N gauge forum badges

Started by austinbob, November 01, 2015, 09:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

I would really like a British Railways style 'N gauge Forum' badge for my Steam engine driver's hat - any ideas if one exists or how to make one.

:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Tank

What style were you thinking of?

Bealman

I'm thinking that Trackside Signs could do the old BR station signs in sticky vinyl with the wording of choice?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

austinbob

Quote from: Tank on November 02, 2015, 07:15:42 AM
The old style BR badge that station masters and station staff used to have on their hats. Not the two arrows sign but the 'real' BR sign
:thankyousign:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on November 02, 2015, 08:19:17 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 02, 2015, 07:15:42 AM
The old style BR badge that station masters and station staff used to have on their hats. Not the two arrows sign but the 'real' BR sign
:thankyousign:
Like the sign at the top left of this page http://tracksidesigns.co.uk/ :beers:

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: Bealman on November 02, 2015, 07:30:10 AM
I'm thinking that Trackside Signs could do the old BR station signs in sticky vinyl with the wording of choice?
Found the website - I'll check them out.  :beers:

Bob Austin

painbrook

I've painted many N gauge people and I cannot see that you could see/make out anything that small. I am quite happy with a little copper dot on the hat. cheers john.

austinbob

Quote from: painbrook on November 02, 2015, 08:30:46 PM
I've painted many N gauge people and I cannot see that you could see/make out anything that small. I am quite happy with a little copper dot on the hat. cheers john.
You misunderstand me. I'm looking for a badge for a full size hat.
:no:

Bob Austin

dannyboy

I have mentioned 'Trackside Signs' before on the forum, but I can highly recommend them for bespoke signs. (And no, I am not on commission  :) ).  If you have not been in touch yet Bob, give them a ring, they were very helpful when I last phoned.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations