Bachmann Announcements 2017 models

Started by crepello, December 02, 2016, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karhedron

C Class for SR modelers
8F for LMS fans
Thompson coaches for those of an LNER persuausion

What about us poor GWR fans? :(

(And I know that the Castle and Auto coach are just around the corner but they were announced ~4 years ago and there has been nothing else announced since).  :'(
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

David S

I love how they refer to the Class 31 & 40 as "modern image" as both stopped production over 50 years ago!

Nothing for me this time round.. they've discontinued the Class 158 DMU I was looking to re-livery as SWT and the Class 170 DMU that's been "on order" forever seems a bit crazy as SWT only ever owned 9!

On the flip side, it's nice to see the 8F. I wonder if I should wind my layout clock back 50-60 years and start again?

port perran

Thank goodness for that.
Nothing that I want!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Thorpe Parva

The only item of interest for me is the 8F, presumably available some time in 2018. Disappointed that there is no 25/3.

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob G

No one has spotted that the Highlander train set has a class 37 37418 with two Mk 2A coaches in green and cream livery. I know a lot of folk who would want those coaches!

B

austinbob

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

crepello

Quote from: newportnobby on January 08, 2017, 10:47:52 AM
My prayers have been answered in that we're getting an 8F but the only late crest version has sound :thumbsdown:
I'm not paying for sound when I dislike it so unless they make a late crest version without sound I'll have to get someone to change the crest for me on the early one. As I'm likely to get more than one a renumbering will have to be done too.
I hate to say this but I'm glad it's Farish doing it rather than Dapol as I wish they had done the 9F.

Not to worry Nobby--most 8Fs were so filthy that the crest wasn't visible!

bridgiesimon

Thompson coaches estimate to be £38 each!!!!!

bloomin ell!!!

Simon

austinbob

Quote from: bridgiesimon on January 08, 2017, 04:33:48 PM
Thompson coaches estimate to be £38 each!!!!!

bloomin ell!!!

Simon
Really! Where does that price come from?
Gonna need a mortgage to buy this stuff soon.
:(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

bridgiesimon

follow the link  to the hattons site, estimated price I know but the Mk1 sleepers are £32.95 on the Bachmann site.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101625934567&ca=c121cb56-5859-4bcc-add4-23e2772a8862

Best wishes
Simon

austinbob

Quote from: bridgiesimon on January 08, 2017, 04:48:10 PM
follow the link  to the hattons site, estimated price I know but the Mk1 sleepers are £32.95 on the Bachmann site.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101625934567&ca=c121cb56-5859-4bcc-add4-23e2772a8862

Best wishes
Simon
Thanks Simon. That makes the Thompsons £12-£14 more than other coaches. How can that be justified I wonder?

:beers:

Bob Austin

acko22

Quote from: austinbob on January 08, 2017, 05:01:19 PM

Thanks Simon. That makes the Thompsons £12-£14 more than other coaches. How can that be justified I wonder?

Think is down to when the tooling was done, with the drop in value of the Pound look at the 57s vs 31s, the 57s have the tooling done so basically a relivery of the models no or barely any tooling required where as the new 31s need more new tooling so the extra cost.
That been said there is some jump on some models!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

robert shrives

Good for me if not wallet - and yes I have a part painted arriva 57, 2 pullmans in WCR  and a 57 waiting maroon !

Best has to be train packs two near to my heart , then the sealink coaches - just for fun !

8F has to be very welcome hopefully 2018 will see 7f , 158,170 and 25/3
Off to preorder at hattons

cheeers
Robert   

Bob G

Because of the price rises, I'm sitting on my collection now, only selling when for example I have had a rush of blood to the head and bought another class 33, for example...

And now there is a wealth of high quality models to choose from, I am actually starting to reduce my collection to those locos and stock which would have worked in the area I model (Hampshire/Wessex) (with more than a few liberties taken when it comes to hydraulics), and the era(s) I model.

For instance, I just reduced my collection of Mark 2 DMUs to zero. I would like to stay in the 1970s as the most recent period I model but I still want a class 59 and so then I start to collect large logo 50s, and so it goes on.

And I am REALLY STRUGGLING to justify a Wainwright C class 0-6-0 straying over to the Eastleigh area, so yet another rule 1 purchase may happen in the future (or I relocate the layout).

Must focus....

Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations